Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Regulator Repair

Hi Guys,
    Long time reader.I have learn a lot from this forum in the last few years ,really like the across all time zones flavour it takes on .
    My question is there a way to repair/rebuild/fix the o2 regulator on my smoke wrench?
    Its a Proline 250T-80.
    Problem: Output pressure goes off high side of scale even with ajuster screwed all the way out.
    Thanks ************GG*************
    P.S. As I am new to computers and only type with two fat fingers all errors are of my own makeing. I find it funny that I can make chips and hold to .001 but cant master this dell desktop.

Sounds like a bad valve seat. There are places that repair them but I have never even heard of that brand. Airgas does a trade in on new regulators.

Comment

I've taken long unused regulators around to a welding repair shop just to get checked and verified before something unexpected happened. They checked, replaced gauge covers, gave me a clean bill and charged only a pittance. I thought it was worth having an experienced, professional eye on them.
      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Take it to a certified regulator guy.

My Purox acetylene regulator was creeping up on pressure to a dangerous point, so i took it in , he rebuilt it, cost was $22.00 .

(Not worth messing with these things.)

Comment

Take it to a pro.
          There have been fatalities from the damn things.

Comment

When I bought my used oxy-acetylene rig, the oxygen regulator had a busted diaphram. Took both gauges/regulators to local welding supplier and had them both repaired and tested. Total bill was $63. That seemed reasonable to me, especially the peace of mind knowing they were tested by pros.
            Cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Regulator

I recall an older regulator that was used on crude oil service that had a seat block with four faces. When it started acting-up it was easy to open the unit and rotate the seat to a new surface. The seat material appeared to be Nylon.

Comment

Working...
              X