Nearly got killed today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF, first of all, I'm glad you're OK.

But the next thing I'd suggest you to do is to check if your sister-in-law has visited your place recently.
    Mike
    WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
      BF, first of all, I'm glad you're OK.

But the next thing I'd suggest you to do is to check if your sister-in-law has visited your place recently.
      tooooo funny but it might be worth looking into lol
      Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Revenge of the windmill gods?

Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
        ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Wow, scary stuff. Glad to hear you are OK, sore arms not withstanding. I've experienced similar, but less severe shocks, not fun at all.

If you got hit with the power to the grinder, you likely got 220V. Hard to say why the GFI did not trip, but if you somehow got across two of the hot legs it may not see a ground fault as such. Please get a good explanation from your electrician and post it here. Maybe we can all learn something to be on the lookout for.

That "sister-in-law" remark is just brutal!

Comment

There is a great joke in the jokes and stories thread about a wife coming home early and thinks she finds her husband in bed with someone.

I read that joke and thought maybe I should invite the SIL and try to play nice!!! He says as he wrings his hands and makes funny face!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Warning

Black Forest,
              Sorry to hear about your situation. When I went through my electrical apprenticship training we had a nurse come and speak about the damage to internal muscles and organs from electrical SHOCK, since you say one arm muscle is swolen DO consider seeing a doctor this can lead to permanent damage so I was told 20yrs ago in the class. Take care of your self and let us know how you make out and what the electrican figures out.

A concerned fellow home hobbiest
              Mr. Fixit for the Family
              Chris

Comment

Hey no reason to feel sorry for me. I just got shocked. No big deal. Do you all want me to take a picture with my shirt off? I am really buff right now but only on one side!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

BF this wouldn't happen to be the grinder that got snowed on, would it?
                  Not trying to be smart, maybe you've got some water in there?

Glad all went well.

Tony

Comment

Yes it is Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                      Yes it is Tony.
                      oh dear

all the best.markj

Comment

I think it was the Square Wheel in the sky getting even with you for bad mouthing the worlds most perfect car,the Volvo Diesel! Glad you OK, at least as OK as before.

Comment

You don't get a shock from touching something, not at 220 anyway. You get a shock from touching 2 things. So, what else? Where did the power go after it went through you?

David...

P.S. for the smart-a$$ replies: no, I'm not counting static - that's way more than 220v.
                          http://fixerdave.blogspot.com/

Comment

Being an American in the land of funny power...would you please give us an overview of the electrical setup before more of the armchair electricians speak up? As in...220/440/???V grinder running directly on 3 phase pole, VFD, rotary etc.

Glad to hear youre ok. If not for the postal service "rules," I would offer to send some Shiner your way to help cure the discomfort.
                            "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

the wet ground? thats why his GFCI didn't trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Forest
                                My right arm is much more swollen than my left. I was holding my right arm a little while ago and the wife came over and was feeling my right arm in the tricep region. It is the most swollen. Then she felt my left arm and it is not so swollen as the right. She smiles and asks me if I couldn't touch my dick to the frame also! We both had a great laugh over that one.
                                All joking aside,if you do have swelling or soreness after a bad shock like that you really should go see the doc or to the Emergency room.It's possible you may have some tissue damage,Better safe than sorry IMHO.
                                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
                                X