John Stevenson a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stevenson a question

didnt want to hijack anyones thread. my question is what is your line of work? i see those large rotors/armatures and was curious what you were doing. sorry to be nosey. tom

John's the celebrity endorsement for Arc Euro
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

John work? I don't think so! He does have a line though. A long line of BS!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I am curious and nosey also. Are you a one man operation or do you have employees?
        Byron Boucher
        Burnet, TX

Comment

rebuilds the bearing seats/or shafts that have been butchered , welds up and refinishes to size

Stuart

Comment

He rebuilds and adapts slightly larger motors to those funny foreign Bridgeports. He can add power, but not rigidity, which is why he's so complimentary toward them.
            Last edited by justanengineer; 02-20-2012, 03:13 PM.
            "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Hey Up John,

Looks like you have these guys baffled as to what you do for a living, if I were you I would keep up the air of Mystique, I promise not to tell.

Nemesis

Comment

Originally posted by justanengineer
                He rebuilds and adapts slightly larger motors to those funny foreign Bridgeports. He can add power, but not rigidity, which is why he's so complimentary toward them.
                Yep, I estimate hes gotten up to 25hp on the back of his latest bridgeport. Goes from rigid to quaking mess of tangled metal in 3.6 seconds flat.

Sometimes he blows a drive shaft though:

Other days, they just won't handle the full 25hp, start glowing and melt down

Last edited by Black_Moons; 02-20-2012, 05:46 PM.
                Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

By day he is a mild mannered machinist.... But under the glint of a full moon he retreats into his inner sanctum where all manner of hedonistic torturistic devices are applied to freshly captured bridgeports...
                  Precision takes time.

Comment

I thought he snuck around and collected CNC machines from tech schools to cover the ugly spots of floor that appear from time to time.
                    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by .RC.
                      By day he is a mild mannered ....
                      Not exactly a phrase I associate with John!

Comment

He's a secret horder of cupboards and floors.
                        His shop is used as the main counterbalance for Tim's over the other side of the uk

Dave
                        Just south of Sudspumpwater UK

Comment

Working...
                        X