• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld In Tank Bungs

Who sells the Weld In Tank Bungs for making Tanks .? Thanx Mike

McMaster-Carr

Comment

My local welding supply has them which is convenient but more expensive. I think that I also used to get them from Grainger.
      Byron Boucher
      Burnet, TX

Comment

Depending upon what you are looking for, thread-o-lets, and sock-o-lets can be welded into tanks for pipe connections. Plumbing supply houses usually stock these things and may be a local solution.

rollin'

Comment

Not sure what your application is - if it's motorcycle try these guys

http://www.bungking.com/

-J

Comment

I just make them on the lathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shaper
              I just make them on the lathe.
              Same, Except I brass brazed and silver brazed mine in, Because I did'nt trust my mig welder not to blow huge holes in the 20 gauge tank I was working on.

(Brass braze reenforced an existing one that leaked and had no 'fillet' around the base and created a huge smooth fillet, and silver brazed one I made that had a huge fillet inhairent to the design and only needed the good wicking action of silver braze to be insanely strong, secure and sealed)
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

If it's aircraft tanks Wag-Aero has them & fuel caps.

Comment

Thanx Guys

For the money and the time spent making the bungs it isnt worth it for me. I have better things to do with my machines. It a project for my Neighbour .(again) so i just wish to do it as painless and quickly as possible. Thanx guys the Bung King gets my dough

Comment

I've only welded in a zillion or so of the damn things. Is there any way of welding them so you don't have to touch up the port with a pipe tap? I tried all my tricks but the pipe threade still go egg-shaped. I hate it when it takes seven wraps of teflon tape ito seal.
                    Last edited by Forrest Addy; 02-22-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Use as little heat as possible to get er dun.......most of the problems start with differing thickness of bung to vessel and bung itself. Be a pain in the butt but the best way would be to weld in a blank bung and then drill and tap after it's cooled.......then you still have the correct shaped fitting.
                      Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Working...
                      X