No announcement yet.

3-station Grinder Stand (Picture Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-station Grinder Stand (Picture Heavy)

Like everyone else here, I'm continually trying to squeeze 10 lbs of machine shop into a 5lb bag. I've got a bunch of grinders and buffers, and not nearly enough space for pedestals for each of them.

I saw a similar design on Garage Journal, here's my version, built around a Burr King grinder pedestal. 2" x 1/4" angle iron:

Mitre cuts at 120° and some quick trig calculations for the length:

Last edited by lazlo; 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Weld in some gussets for the Baldor 500. The framing hammer is for the transfer punch -- honest!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

...and 15 minutes later, it's done!

Comment

Comment

That looks like a good use of floor space. Maybe an adjustable light mounted in the center would be handy.
          Gary

Comment

Lazlo, nice looking stand and good planning!!

Thanks for posting another interesting project!!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

fantastic idea and execution......I may have to "borrow" this idea!!! great job

Comment

You do realise that one day your still gonna have to get a bigger shop?
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience
                    You do realise that one day your still gonna have to get a bigger shop?
                    I'm afraid to buy a bigger shop Darin -- I'll buy more machines

Comment

looks good Robert, good idea!
                      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Great idea! Beautiful execution also.

Comment

Very nice! Is the stand going to be bolted to the floor or are you doing a balancing act??

JL..................

Comment

Well thought out and should make life easier.
                            The question i have is could you have made the grinders rotate into position ?
                            Not being critical of your design ,just thinking of the floor space required to walk around to each machine.
                            Michael

Comment

Very Nice

Great design (and a beautiful bead!)

Comment

Working...
                              X