Anybody want a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by japcas
    Not having tattoos doesn't make you any better than someone covered in them. That has to be one of the dumbest comments you could make publicly. Nothing like stereotyping. And no, I don't have any tattoos.
    Considering SWMBO is "covered" in them, I should hope I wasnt.

Originally posted by justanengineer
    if even these idiots can get a FFL, I just might have to take up gunsmithing as there is hope for those of us not covered in tattoos, who actually have clean records and are reasonably intelligent to break the stereotype these shows put forward.
    Clarified my thought for you. Please notice my disclaimer at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by justanengineer; 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM.
    "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl
      While I find the subject of guns far more fascinating than motorcycles, that show (Sons of Guns) turns me off almost as much as the bickering dad & son motorcycle show. Both shows could be interesting if they'd just stick to the mechanical/technical issues, and drop all of the overbaked theatrics.

I watched an interesting show, or series of shows, last night. Dealt with life in the old west, including the life of Tom Horn, a Pinkerton agent who got carried away and became just a cold blooded killer, until finally stopped by the end of a rope in 1903, for killing a 14 year old boy in Wyoming.

The following episodes dealt with precision shooting, including an archer, a fellow Alabamian who has followed in the footsteps of Howard Hill, a famed Ala archer, as the top guy with a long bow (recurve actually). It took a couple of tries, but he did successfully hit the nock of a previous shot and drive it on through the target.
      takling about tv series ..what's this graveyard carz ..is it anygood

all the best.markj

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
        Holy Sh!t!!!
        Actually they amounted to two guns that were stolen a couple years prior without knowledge and the rest were recievers that were screwed up while benched.That said they are still supposed to be accounted for listed as destroyed etc.Basically they stuffed up the paperwork.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Someone on the AR15 forums posted a vidcap showing Vince with a prominent gang tattoo under his left ear, and he mentioned something in one of the first two episodes about going to jail. How the heck can you hold an FFL if you were convicted of a crime?

Can you keep an FFL with a misdemeanor?
          Well several ways,if you did the crime as a minor your record goes away at 18.Also it's Felony convictions that count against having an FFL or CC permit.

Even in those cases if you can get the judge that sentenced you to write a letter affirming that you are rehabilitated most times that will put you back in good standing.

Comment

You mean they're finally going to hire a gunsmith?

I gave up on Sons of Guns on the third episode, when they had a Grade D actor meeting the owner on a bridge, claiming he was a Blackwater-type contractor needing an electrical M60 turret retrofit for an SUV in Afghanistan. They ended up jury-rigging a horribly constructed rotation mechanism, and that idiot who claims to be an engineer wired up a Wii remote for the controlller

The "operator" shows up on several other episodes in various roles.
            The Campy BS is what turns everybody off.I could tell instantly that the domed top on that mount was the lid from a Webber BBQ grill

The sad part is,they do or did build a really nice AK.I've seen a couple up close and they really are slick operating guns-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtaxw9LWPEs

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
              takling about tv series ..what's this graveyard carz ..is it anygood

all the best.markj
              I don't know anything about that.
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I don't mind the phony acting, and hamming-it-up for the cameras as much as the wasting away of good machines.
                Every time I come across "Son of Guns", and/or "Paul Jr. Motorcycles" on TV, I want to vomit.
                There they are, in the background..... Beautiful, BRAND NEW, HAAS CNC's without a scratch on them, and no swarf anywhere to be seen.
                These machines are never even turned on! The controls are always black, every episode!!
                I'm sure the guys at HAAS sold (or gave??) these nice machines to these dimwits for the free airtime.
                Those machines should be spitting out parts non-stop.
                Such a waste.
                UUUUGHHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dp
                  Job? I'm desperately looking for an advanced Unix admin to work for a very well heeled high energy dot com in zip 98104 with pay in 6 figgers. Been looking for a month! What's going on out there? I thought everyone was out of work and hell, I can't get a nibble.
                  You're fighting for a very in-demand skill set at the moment. For some reason the demand is never really in sync with the state of the economy.

Give me a yell if you accept telecommuters from the other coast and I'll see if I can dig anybody up.

Comment

Originally posted by KiddZimaHater
                    I don't mind the phony acting, and hamming-it-up for the cameras as much as the wasting away of good machines.
                    Every time I come across "Son of Guns", and/or "Paul Jr. Motorcycles" on TV, I want to vomit.
                    There they are, in the background..... Beautiful, BRAND NEW, HAAS CNC's without a scratch on them, and no swarf anywhere to be seen.
                    These machines are never even turned on! The controls are always black, every episode!!
                    I'm sure the guys at HAAS sold (or gave??) these nice machines to these dimwits for the free airtime.
                    Those machines should be spitting out parts non-stop.
                    Such a waste.
                    UUUUGHHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Maybe they actualy gave them empty CNC bodys and knew they would never notice the diffrence. :P
                    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Working...
                    X