OT: Other auto belts that are stupider than timing belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vpt
    Yeah the 10K was an accident, I forget exactly how it was done but I believe there was a hill a long strait away and me checking the standings just before going out and noticing I was losing to someone I didn't want to lose to.

I really really like B16s! All of my honda cars have them (3 right now). I get about 25mpg's driving it like I drive it. I am sure 30 could be possible if I drove nicer.

The D16's are nice and do perform very well for their size! I have built a couple D's for guys that wanted to stay in "stock class" with their civics. I haven't had the chance to get a ride in one yet but I hear the supercharged D's perform as well if not a little better than a B16.

I have to get rid of my 2 door civic hatch and am thinking of getting a 4wd wagon and supercharging the D so I can haul the kids around. I better change the timing belt first though. lol

My bro's got the B16 - and now he's got a belt driven turbo on it with intercooler - it bumped it from 160hp's to well over 260 --- and yes he has carrillo rods and the blocks sleeved to around an 1800.

Its an absolute monster - its a bottle rocket and you better have it properly aimed when it "goes off" it's the fastest thing iv even been in except for crotch rockets...
    He say's he's gonna leave it to me in his will but I think he's got a plan of trying to out-live me.

Comment

Originally posted by gnm109
      In like manner the idiot puts his hand in the fiie over and over and the Chrysler owner drives through the water repeatedly, expecting that the belt will stay on the pulley.

You like to talk about only giving the facts. I have no act. I tell it like it is. LOL.
      STFU would be my considered response... and I don't even own the fecking thing.

Maybe YOU can in your desert town (you don't live in one) avoid water on the road..... daintily stopping to lay a freaking rubber sheet over every puddle. The real world, where it rains, and roads get wet and stuff..... It is laughing at you and your rubber sheet.

Go back under the bridge. You frankly add nothing but a bit of a "tang to the air" in to this discussion.

I've been waiting for a family member to be seen and treated in the ER for 12 hours, am just now eating for the first time today, and right now I don't give a rats ass what you think.

Tomorrow when I don't feel quite so much like killing and eating the first person I see I will still be laughing at you and your rubber sheet you apparently think is reasonable to put over each puddle to drive over it.

Your act has indeed been described

Welcome to my permanent ignore list.
      Last edited by J Tiers; 03-13-2012, 02:12 AM.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Is there a online belt route schematic for this dodge motor? Maybe if we can see the poor design we can give some quick easy fix pointers.
        Andy

Comment

No chance of that happening with my car ..the tension spring is strong ..too bloody strong...it wears out alternator bearings and im not sure what its doing to the steering pump....the belts like a bow string...to release the spring you put a socket on it ..and pull on the rachet handle ..it takes quite a bit of effort ..wouldnt be suprised if that springs putting 80 lbs of pressure on the belt.

all the best.mark

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers
            STFU.....................Welcome to my permanent ignore list.

Good. then you won't see this. You take up entirely too much bandwidth here anyway. Perhaps you could learn to ignore yourself as well.

But I mean this in a nice way.

Comment

Aboard ---- your tension spring is not only strong - your grabbing over 80 to 85% of the crank pulley!, every degree extra compounds the amount of load carrying capabilities therefor reduced tension can be utilized on the cranks end of it --- but you still do need proper tension for the components and that hinges around their draw and pulley size not to mention how much belt is wrapped around them....

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer
                Aboard ---- your tension spring is not only strong - your grabbing over 80 to 85% of the crank pulley!, every degree extra compounds the amount of load carrying capabilities therefor reduced tension can be utilized on the cranks end of it --- but you still do need proper tension for the components and that hinges around their draw and pulley size not to mention how much belt is wrapped around them....
                ive got a timing belt change soon ..will see if anything can be done then.

all the best.markj

Comment

To the original poster, and anyone else who drives a Chrysler brand minivan... drop by this forum:

http://www.chryslerminivan.net/

The folks there are very helpful and their collective knowledge and familiarity with this van series has kept my '99 Town and Country on the road to the tune of 234,000 miles...and still truckin' on... on the original engine and transmission! It brought me safely to work again this morning.

Search that forum for the belt slipping issue and I will bet you would find the answer ...

Comment

Or....you could drop by this web-site..

http://www.daimlerchryslervehicleproblems.com/ Much more interesting....
                    No good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

Working...
                    X