The BOYE is home! & pics of the Jewelers lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BOYE is home! & pics of the Jewelers lathe

After about 3 months of the weather getting in the way,the Boye & Emmes 22x72 lathe is in the hanger, all 4 tons with taper attachment(cannon barrel anyone?). Here's a link to the pics I posted before. http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k631/fly-lo/ My back is broke. The Leblond 17x60 was heavy but nothing like this. It's still 70' from where it will end up but it's inside & home. There is also a picture of my new/old jewelers lathe. From one extreme to the other. I think I'll mount the jewelers lathe to the top of the B&E.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

That is one heavy duty beast. Bet the lights will dim when you take a good hogging cut.

Comment

Yep it's 15HP 460V. I was supposed to go to Joliet & pick up a 14x40 American with a full taper attachment but I'm beat. I'll call him & go tomorrow.
      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
      country, in easy stages."
      ~ James Madison

Comment

well done!

Comment

Wow! Well done, that is one impressive machine. Nice to know someone out there has both the interest and the space to take on stuff like this. I love the jewelers lathe. I've always sort of wanted one of those, but I really have no idea why. Just so cool...

Do you have 460V service in your hanger?

Comment

Great looking pair of lathes there!!

Comment

Originally posted by flylo
              Yep it's 15HP 460V. I was supposed to go to Joliet & pick up a 14x40 American with a full taper attachment but I'm beat. I'll call him & go tomorrow.
              Joliet Illinois?

Congrats on two great lathes! That B&E is a beast, alright! What have you got in mind for it?

Comment

Glad to see you got it home. I'll have to stop down and see it now that the tarps and the snow are gone. Oh, and I have your name on the ironworker and I-beams.

Brian
                OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                X