Finger Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finger Lights

macona recently set me up with a guy at SurplusGizmos.com for a 37V toroid and while looking around there found these cool little LED finger lights for $5.

SWMBO & I & the kids sometimes gather in the den to watch a movie or special event on the big screen and I (being the Dad) always handle the remotes. We usually turn off the lights, snuggle down with popcorn & enjoy it like we're at the movies. Invariably, in the dark I'll screw up something with the sound or whatever right in the middle of a critical scene and I get pummeled with pillows.

I saw these finger lights and had to have them. They work great! I put one on before the movie starts and can easily find the right remote buttons without fumbling with a flashlight or (worse) having to turn on the lights!

As I'm typing this I just realized I could remarket these as Road Rage Night-Finger Lights™ and make a fortune!

Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Well if that blister is evidence of the burns those lights cause I think I'll leave well alone
    West Sussex UK

Comment

My son got something similar at Michale's to give to the kids that came to his birthday party.
      Mike
      Brandon MI
      2003 MINI Cooper S JCW#249
      1971 Opel GT
      1985 Ford 3910LP

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smith
        Well if that blister is evidence of the burns those lights cause I think I'll leave well alone
        There is that one little detail....

Actually I should have cropped the pic and removed the evidence of my day yesterday. Worked 6 hrs. at my real (?) job, came home, pruned 2 big-a$$ photinia plants with a hand pruner, scalped 150 feet of friggin' monkey grass and weed eated (ate?) the front beds. Should'a pruned those cursed photinias at ground level.

Spring has sprung its devil horns on my life way early this year and that blister is evidence how much I HATE yard work. Got paying jobs stacking up in the shop as well.
        Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

I bought some at Oshkosh a few years ago & if flying an antique with no istrument lights or any electrical system at all they've come on very handy at times.
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Yeah, they've been out for a couple of years. There's some that are smaller than that and some in a ring format. They even have "Military" finger lights.

Comment

Picked up a bunch of these at Wal Mart recently, 3 for $2.99 there.

Put a couple in each car/truck and took the Velcro bands off of some and epoxied a small super magnet to the bottom side.

Very handy (found out the next night) for working on the car alongside the road, stuck the magnet mount one on a piece of steel under the hood pointing right at the spark plug that blew it's brains out, made it easy to see and change it.

Stuck one over the push button electric lock on the safe, makes it easy to see the buttons if I don't want to turn on the room light for some reason.

Lots of handy uses for these little guys.
              Steve
              NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
              X