source for polycarbonate/lexan tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source for polycarbonate/lexan tube

A friend is looking for polycarbonate/lexan tube.18" diameter .125" wall and 8" to 1' long. If anyone knows where to find this please let me know.

Unless I'm missing something (not an uncommon occurrence), your diameter will have to be larger than .18" if the wall thickness is .125"

Mark

Comment

So is that 0.18" inside diameter (guess it can't be OD if the walls are 0.125") or 18" inside or outside diameter?

Comment

18" i.d. Sorry I did not mention that. No thicker than .125" wall. Being used as a sleeve for a cyclone separator.

Comment

here is a web site that sells large tubing, http://k-mac-plastics.net/polycarbonate-tubes.htm

Be sure and tell your fiend to be setting down when learns of the price.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

Originally posted by 67chevelle
            Unless I'm missing something (not an uncommon occurrence), your diameter will have to be larger than .18" if the wall thickness is .125"

Mark
            The period belongs to the sentence. The space commonly placed between each sentence was not included. Thus confusion for speed readers.

Pops

Comment

Might I recommend PVC or some other non transparant pipe plastic? Such as whatever they use for plastic sewer pipes... or a 5 gallon bucket?

If it must be transparent, Maybe cut a window outta the 5 gallon bucket and use a hot air gun to form a sheet of acrylic over the hole?
              Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I showed him the prices of the tube and he is going back to the original plan of having a strip heat formed. I didn't realize how expensive that large tube gets.

Comment

in case you weren't aware

http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X