Gorton Machine - subsidiary of Kearney & Trecker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorton Machine - subsidiary of Kearney & Trecker

I did an ebay search for "Gorton" and a manual for the same mill as mine came up as a Kearney and Trecker (with mention of Gorton). The pictures showed Kearney and Trecker on the cover and it showed a page with a familiar picture of the mill.

So I dug out my manuals... sure enough. Mine has a different cover, but on the first page it reads "Gorton Machine Corporation - subsidiary of Kearney and Trecker".

Call me dense, call me a rookie, take two aspirin and call me in the morning, but I did not notice that before and I now I think I have a callous on my hand from slapping myself in the forehead. Maybe I'll need the aspirin.

I guess there might be more folks to share information with than I originally thought.

I've had this mill for six months and I am just now beginning to look at it.

p.s. My mill's model number is 1-22 (Mastermil with one L). I plan to make the manuals and schematics available on the yahoo group eventually for anyone who might need them.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gortonmill/

Vinito

K&T bought up the remains of Gorton when they went under around '79 or so. And then G&L scraped the remains of K&T when they bit the big one. At least it all remained in state. Gortons pantographs were being manufacured by Famco in Kenosha Wisconsin. Whether they are still building them I don't know but the last time I looked at their web site they where. just checked and they do as of now along with the Lars cutter grinders. Who says nobody builds machinery in the US anymore
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.

Comment

Working...
    X