a place for unknow machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a place for unknow machines

Can we find a place to put pics and description of unknow builder of machine tool, for the poeple who know where this rusted ,broken,dirtier bolt come from.I had search close to the entire web to find where this come from:indice bolts of the assembly are bsw,feed gearbox have metric internals,I had seen a lathe with the same lever for back and forth switch:brackenbury...some machine tool from uk have the same oil level eye.Will i have to call scotlandyard...Keachier.

http://www.lathes.co.uk/
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

He find nothing

Tony had seen pics of my machine and the one from Andy St of US and no feedback,the only thing Andy said in a mail,the machine was probably build in sweden by stockholm ms.I had communicated with a guy in sweden who is a tool distributor and he said stockholm ms was a machine distributor...Keachier

Comment

Why not just put up a couple of pictures here?

Comment

link to unknow milling

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Keachier, very nice rebuild, looking GREAT!!

Comment

link to unknow milling

Many thanks to you Sasquatch it's welcome,I'm in the wait for parts in the moment,sons and teacher of the younger are making bushing for shaft,for screw and also parts for the lathe we are rebuilding.

Comment

I'm impresssed! Can you come to my shop for a couple years & do your magic here? Free room & board of course.
                "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                country, in easy stages."
                ~ James Madison

Comment

You know having a part of the forum for IDing tools & parts is a great idea!. We can call it Name that Tool.
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

machine tool archelogist

Thank for invitation,what do you have to be done,old cars,old tools...i'm in love with so much old things usually well made with a sense of aesthetic in the shape or form.I try to reproduce the master that was probably made of wood that can be finish very well.A casting can not be that close to master,there is a bit of improvisation too...When the build up will be completed,I will try to post pics with more details.Keachier

Comment

Originally posted by flylo
                      We can call it Name that Tool.

But youl'll have to make sure it refers only to tools, not members...

Comment

We alreay know the name(s) of that one. That could start a very long thread!
                        ~ James Madison

Comment

Maybe we could use some of the new site ad space for "tool of the week".

Comment

Was that tool of the week or of the weak?
                            ~ James Madison

Comment

A place for unknown machines and parts would be interesting. I'd also like to see a place for " Machine and Tool Reviews". That's the name of a sub forum on the Metalillness site , a metalworking forum (a site with sadly rather minimal participation.) As the name implies, when a member buys a new machine or tool, they post a review of the performance . It doesn't have to be a major purchase. For instance, members once reviewed a digital caliper from Harbor Freight.

Comment

Working...
                              X