3AT collet setup...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3AT collet setup...

My lathe is a Craftsman 10/12 x 36. When I got it, it came with with the collets and drawbar, spindle adapters and spindle thread nut. I wonder if this would work on a Logan 10" lathe. I have no idea and thought I might find an answer here. Anyone have a clue? I know the spindle thread on mine is 1 1/2-8.
    Edited to remove discussion of items for sale. Please read rules here. You can't advertise stuff here

The DEFINITIVE answer should come from Scott Logan at Logan Actuator. I have a Logan 820 and I believe that it accepts 3AT collets, but have not tried them.
    Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Well actually Scott said he has no idea. I took the measurements off my lathe (Spindle thru hole dia, length, and thread size) and sent them to the buyer. Hopefully he can figure it out.

Comment

My 10" Logan is using 3AT collets. I had to add a spacer to make the drawbar I got with the collets work.

Comment

Originally posted by catman81056
          My lathe is a Craftsman 10/12 x 36. When I got it, it came with with the collets and drawbar, spindle adapters and spindle thread nut. I wonder if this would work on a Logan 10" lathe. I have no idea and thought I might find an answer here. Anyone have a clue? I know the spindle thread on mine is 1 1/2-8.
          Edited to remove discussion of items for sale. Please read rules here. You can't advertise stuff here
          Sorry, I didn't intend to advertise. I should have posted the picture here for for identifying purpose and not mentioned the auction #. My bad, won't happen again.
          Last edited by catman81056; 03-16-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by catman81056
            Sorry, I didn't intend to advertise. I should have posted the picture here for for identifying purpose and not mentioned the auction #. My bad, won't happen again.
            No problem, you're not the first to make the mistake. Welcome to the board.

George
            George

Comment

Proud to be a member!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bmyers
                My 10" Logan is using 3AT collets. I had to add a spacer to make the drawbar I got with the collets work.
                +1 on this. I picked up a logan branded set of 3C collets and drawbar and to use it on my Atlas I also had to add a spacer on the drawbar. The MT3 to collet adapter will interchange as will the thread protector.

Comment

The question of the collets, 3AT or 3C fitting the Logan is NO........

Neitehr one fits a Logan, OR an Atlas, for that matter.

But, as you know, BOTH have 3MT collet "closers", and THOSE fit the spindles of Atlas, Logan, Sheldon, S-B, etc . The collets themselves *usually* do not fit the spindle, although my Rivett 608 takes 5C directly.

So any machine that takes the closer taper will take whatever collet the closer is for. Makes it simple.

The drawtube can be an issue, but excess length is fixable easily.... too short is a different problem, with different answer.

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
                  X