Standard brazing rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard brazing rod

Ok, So what exactly is the hardware store brazing rod? As in, what alloy should I expect it to be? the brass type, Not the nickle rods.
    Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

It is a low fuming, bronze alloy copper,zinc and a little phosphorus. Of course your mileage may vary, due to the alloy and what company has made it and rebranded it.

The other common yellow type torch rods are naval bronzes, silicon bronzes. They than get more into custom blends
    Crown alloy's general purpose brazing alloy for torch is Crown 125 bare, if FC after it is flux coated. Tensile strength is up to 65,000 psi working temp is 1670°F to1750°F Flux is used.
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Have a look at this pdf - Harris
      http://www.harrisproductsgroup.com/~...Soldering.ashx

Have a few alloys listed near the bottom!

Peter
      I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

Here, unless you go for something specific, either manganese bronze or tobin bronze.
        Tel

Comment

Working...
        X