No announcement yet.

Pluses and minuses for Kitts Tools Co.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluses and minuses for Kitts Tools Co.

On Monday I phoned an order to Kitts. The package arrived Thursday and all the items were as advertised and I was quite happy with them. That's the plus and I think it is a big one. However, there were minuses. While talking to the lady taking the order I asked her to let me know it anything was not in stock. She said she couldn't do that because they don't use computers. This causes several problems. Mostly minor. One is she could not confirm my total cost. That led to two other problems. One item, a quill stop, seems to be listed twice in their catalog. Should not be a big problem, except each listing has a different price. I got charged the higher one. When I called they immediately said "oops" and credited me the difference. The other glitch was the shipping cost. The catalog clearly stated shipping cost increments versus total order cost. However, I got charged about 60% more than the chart indicated. I was told the chart only applied to orders that were mailed using their order form and accompanied by a check. That policy is not stated anywhere that I can find. If I had been aware of that policy up front I would have had a choice of saying "forget it". I believe I would have said "oh well so be it " and continued with the order. Even now I believe the pluses out weigh the minuses and I probably will order from them again, but I will use their order blank. Cheers, John

???? http://www.kittstools.com/

Comment

That link to Kitts cite is interesting. It says shipping on a $105.00 order should be 10% or $10.50. I got charged $17.13. Again it's not a big deal, but leaves one with less than a warm feeling. It just says that in the future I'll use their order form and its chart on shipping charges and send a check.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzer John
        While talking to the lady taking the order I asked her to let me know it anything was not in stock. She said she couldn't do that because they don't use computers. John
        They.. What?
        *checks date* Ok its still 2012.

Couldn't she at least check the last known inventory sheet?
        Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Looks like their prices are not bad. I like their Army surplus taps. Might have to order a set.
          Last edited by flylo; 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM.
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Interisting .... The original and I believe the only Kitts retail store is within a mile of me, on the corner of Grand River Rd and Eight Mile road. I'm in there all the time but never had to use the cataloge. The retail store is pretty much "old school" so I guess I can understand the lack of a computreized system. Just for the heck of it, I'll print out Buzzer's comments and take it into the store ... might stir some action for the better.
            Joe B

Comment

I haven't been there in several years but it was on par with Horrible Fright for quality.
              The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Working...
              X