Hercules 3 L V milling machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules 3 L V milling machine

I found an ad for a Hercules 3 L V milling machine. 800. I searched and could find no information on this machine. Anyone know this machine. Thanks for help.

Hercules

Yamazaki(Mazak) offered lathes with the Hercules name. They're still in business with home offices in Japan.
    Larry on Lake Superior

Comment

Here are some pics

Some pics,

Comment

That really looks like a Cincinnati Vertical - maybe a No 2? Hard to tell the actual size. If it is anything like it, it will be a very good machine.
        Bill

Comment

I found a pic of a mill that looks similar tittled MOREY (HERCULES)/ROSENFORS VERTICAL MILL

Comment

Originally posted by lowcountrycamo
            I found a pic of a mill that looks similar tittled MOREY (HERCULES)/ROSENFORS VERTICAL MILL
            Wow! Picture of a machine that killed and ate its last operator.

More seriously it looks like a nice design. Rigid and adaptable.
            "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow that's a seriously robust machine not needed for watchmaking I presume Alistair p s have fun low country and also I staid a few days in savannah georgia beautiful they have a little square were they used to sell slaves a while back of course.
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

My choices for my location and price range have come down to the way too big Hercules and a old round ram Bridgeport. The BP is $200 more but 1 phase and much easier to move. This is for a home shop and I am wondering if the Hercules is just too big. Bp has no power feed, the Hercules I think comes with many more conviniences.

Comment

Working...
                X