Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyar Schultz parts?

Hello all,

I have just aquired a Boyar Schultz 612 grinder and I have come to realize that I have a missing part. From what information I have been able to find, I believe the part I need is called a wheel adapter as the spindle is tapered and only one inch at the big end. Where is the best place to get one? And by best place I mean a product of dependable quality and a reasonable price. I can't seem to find anyone willing to list a price online.

Shawn

Mcmaster Carr has some listed under Toolroom Grinding Wheel Mounting Adapters. They start around $53. They dont note the B&S grinder but you may be able to call them for a specific match.

I seem to have had a website that showed a large number of them. If I find it tomorrow, I will post it.

rock~
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

I recently got a Reid 2C and the wheel adapter is missing the last couple of threads, so I had looked for replacement adapters and found this site. Clicking on the "Adapter #" links at the bottom of the page will show brand specific adapters:

http://www.asapmachineryrepair.com/standardtaper.htm
      Cheers,
      Gary

Comment

If you can't find it I have the same brand, not sure of the model I can take off the wheel & get pics.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

I would think that with amachiner that old that the spigot on which the wheel is mounted will be a standard tool-room grinder type - daimeter = 1 1/4" (31.75mm) but be aware that newer adaptors (outside the USA?) will or may be 32mm (1.2598 say 1.26") so if you get one of those wheels you will have to insert a 0.005" shim as a sleeve.

Comment

www.wmsopko.com/
            they have everything you will need to mount a wheel,you can find all the info you need to shop the net to get the best price,even amazon sells sopko products

Comment

Originally posted by coldformer
              www.wmsopko.com/
              they have everything you will need to mount a wheel,you can find all the info you need to shop the net to get the best price,even amazon sells sopko products
              Thats the link I was looking for. Specifically Standard Taper Wheel Adapters.

rock~
              Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I had found the websites you all mentioned but, with all the options I was a little lost as to which one was right for me. Seems like the Sopko part # 200-1 is the one I would need. Does that seem right?

Shawn

Comment

Working...
                X