Problem settimg up IMO VFD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem settimg up IMO VFD

I had to replace the inverter drive on my big lathe. The old Telemecanique died. I've been using an ABB that I had lying around as a stopgap, to keep the machine going, but it was a 5kW drive on a 7.5kW motor so was a bit short of grunt.
    I picked up a secondhand IMO VXM750 last week, and have been trying to get my head round the setup. I don't know whether it's just me getting older, but the manual seems very hard to get into.
    Anyway, finally got it wired in & set up somewhere near right, with one exception.
    I've set, or so I think, max frequency to 70 Hz, & minimum to 20 Hz. The speed control pot is exactly the same one I've been using with the previous drives with no problems at all.
    Maximum speed setting gives a rock steady 70 Hz, but minimum hovers around 28 Hz with a bit of fluctuation up & down. I've checked the resistance of the slider on the pot does cover the full range up & down, but it's tricky to measure the voltages at the pot when in operation. I can find a way to do it if needed, though.
    It's a previously used drive & some of the settings it came with were a bit unusual, but I can't see anything that might cause this issue.
    Any suggestions, please?
    Apart from this, it seems to be working absolutely fine.

Thanks
    Tim

OK, I've found the answer
    There are two adjustment functions, 'Frequency gain' and 'Frequency bias'.
    I had to tweak these two up & down until the speed pot covered the range that I wanted. Never come across that before!

Tim

Comment

Working...
    X