No announcement yet.

If all goes well....new(to me) Rivett 1020S Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a lathe well worth restoring. Contact kpotter on the PM site about what to do about the cross slide stop.

I hope you can fix the lathe up. Those are not real common lathes,and are truly among the very best ever made.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'm going to do my best to get this looking and running good.
      BTW, I just bought a china made quick change tool post for my Craftsman 10/12" lathe, the tool post on this is an Aloris, go figure!!

Comment

Wow a 1020S and a Wheel Horse. Life doesn't get much better than that.
        Jim H.

Comment

LOL A fellow "Horseaholic" ?

Comment

Dont have a Rivett, but got two WH's
            Nice lathe.

Comment

In some circles, 2 WH's are just as satisfying!!

Comment

How does the square rod work as a cross-slide stop?
                Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by winchman
                  I think he means it is a carriage stop. My 1020F doest have one. I think Monarch 10EE owners call it an ELSR?

Comment

I'm not sure how the Rivett works, but on Monarch's lathe you can slide a stop up or down the rod to the position you want and the stop disengages the carriage travel.

Hal

Comment

Originally posted by winchman
                      There's a switch connected to the square rod, when it's pushed or pulled off center it stops the feed (I think the whole drive). I think the mechanism is electrical and the switch is in the tailstock module and if so the headstock (damaged) end can be fairly easily repaired. Brett on PM would know off hand, might ask him.

If it's mechanical and in the headstock end the repair could be painful. Worth it, but painful.

Comment

You are right, I ment carriage stop. You can see the broken collar here.

Comment

Originally posted by catman81056
                          LOL A fellow "Horseaholic" ?
                          1981 C85. The deck is long gone, but it is my snow plow in the winter and faithful companion for yardwork in the summer.
                          Jim H.

Comment

Sorry did some photobucket moving and screwed up the pics. You can go here and see all I have;
                            http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ivett%20lathe/

Comment

Working...
                            X