Anti-freeze for coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-freeze for coolant?

I think using anti-freeze has been discussed (and probably cussed!) but I could not find any discussion on using the non-toxic variety, for the record I am not intending to do this BUT I was in a small automotive machine shop today and the guy uses "environmentally friendly" and supposedly non-toxic automotive anti-freeze in all his machines. He insists it works great, is cheap, safe and available almost anywhere. I asked about coolants here a couple of years ago and based on advice I was given bought "Rust-Lick" brand from Enco, I went in with a buddy of mine and we bought a lot of the stuff so I have several gallons on hand and I don't need to use anti-freeze I just was curious about the wisdom (or lack of) in doing so? Thoughts?

Why would you want to use it when there are many proper alternatives. What are the fumes going to do to you and your equipment?
    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

The normal white oil milky stuff I use is fine ,and not expensive ,so why experiment when the real thing is easy and cheap to come by I really don't understand this proposal.I would leave it well alone. My 1 cent. Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
      X