3 Dog Night? How 'bout a 2 Gloat Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Dog Night? How 'bout a 2 Gloat Day!

Neighbor/bud down the cove comes by to help me move a CNC router t'other side of the shop to make room for the Denford ORAC lathe retrofit project. He says "Oh, by the way, they were gonna throw this stuff out at work and I thought you might want it."

It's a bunch of very high grade ground aluminum jig plate. There's a lot of holes & dowel pins but there's still mucho usable unholy stock there. Note that the pile sits on a big ol' piece of very flat 5/8" aluminum plate. The pile of different colored stuff is stainless...hopefully 303. Free, nada, zippo...gloatworthy?

Gloat #2: Department boss man asked me to work a Sat for him a while back so he gave up some cash and this bottle of Bordeaux. It was given to him by the owner for some perceived good deed a couple years ago. Boss man likes likes white wine and didn't want it...I pity the fool! Anyway I've been saving it for a special day and this was it. I got the last check yesterday for the big job I finished in March and got the ORAC settled into its new home today. Time to bust open that puppy. I'm not an expert but this was some noble rot. It was very nice for SWMBO & I to sample a bit of what the well-heeled drink! The best I've ever had by far.

Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Yep, you deserve a great big YOU SUCK! on these. BTW, here are reviews on the wine. Looks like a very good vintage. http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=21718

Comment

Nice move Milton saving that bottle of cutting fluid for the new ORAC.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

That bottle of wine is (known as) "plonk" (or upper class plonque') made by throwing the grapes up in the air and that come down "plonk".

rhyming slang for cheap white wine.

bottle of blanc (white) = plonk

bring some plonk.
        bring a bottle of plonk.

Comment

Yep I'd say that you have a good reason to gloat. And I'm guessing it will make a welcome addition and I hate to use this word junk box. I had a small section of 3/8" x 1" x6" long aluminum stock. Well my 90 lb north american pit bull terrier
          "BOB" found out he can actually force the light guage doors on out pool enclosure open. When the installer came to put heavier new doors in he was going to use wood for where the striker plate was going to be. Cut three sections 1.5" long and six self tapping screws later we were done. BOB won't be opening any doors anymore. Strike one for the junk box. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
            Nice move Milton saving that bottle of cutting fluid for the new ORAC.
            Ouch, I did a little Googling and maybe I should have saved it to sell or trade for a couple Geckos and a box of inserts. Average price: $322.00!
            Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

geez, what a nice bunch of Aluminum plate!!

Great stuff, thanks for posting that.

Comment

Working...
              X