• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusnok on ebay!

Just an fyi, buy it now price is good, no affiliation

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rusnok-850-M...item4602ee6ccf
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

I wondered how long it was going to take for me to find this. You, know...the American made machine that I've been trying to find for the last 25 years that is small enough to fit in my shop and not clear across the country. The one that shows up right after I buy my Enco mill/drill. Yea, that's the one.
    Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Originally posted by browne92
      I wondered how long it was going to take for me to find this. You, know...the American made machine that I've been trying to find for the last 25 years that is small enough to fit in my shop and not clear across the country. The one that shows up right after I buy my Enco mill/drill. Yea, that's the one.
      Buy the Rusnok and sell the Enco.

Comment

As much as I appreciate old American iron, the Enco MD is a more capable machine.Both are round column mills, and the Enco has a much bigger work envelope.
        Make chips and be happy.

Comment

Boy, I can't tell what he's trying to mill in that video, but it's painful to watch!
          "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by lazlo
            Boy, I can't tell what he's trying to mill in that video, but it's painful to watch!
            What video? It tells me it needs a plugin to view, but then it can't find one...... And videos work fine on my machine......

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

I bought it's sister from the seller. I haven't gotten it yet, owing to the significant costs of shipping to Alaska, but they (he had three, as shown) came out of a college where they had, I'm told, fairly minimal use. I can't personally vouch for the machines themselves, but from the descriptions and the photos I've seen, they're in excellent shape.

Doc.
              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

If I wanted more smaller milling capacity (I don't) I'd buy another Sieg X3/SX3 mill.

If I wanted more drilling capacity I'd buy another one or two good sturdy free-standing press drills with MT3 spindles - for larger chucks and tapping heads and for the better torque at lower speeds.

I don't have to have drills for "gang-drilling" mounted on a bench - I'd look at putting them on castors and use them in sun-light and fresh air - its easter to sweep up the chips/swarf too. I can always bolt them together.

I could also buy new Metabo portable drill and press sets as per my pics in:
                http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sho...0&postcount=30

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                  If I wanted more smaller milling capacity (I don't) I'd buy another Sieg X3/SX3 mill.

If I wanted more drilling capacity I'd buy another one or two good sturdy free-standing press drills with MT3 spindles[...]
                  -And presumably if you needed to slice parts off of stock, you'd buy a bandsaw, and if you needed to glue two pieces of metal back together, you'd buy a welder.

I'm reasonably sure that anyone buying a Rusnok understands it won't take the place of an MT3 drill press, just as they should also understand it won't take the place of a bench grinder, an engine lift or a tablesaw.

However, what the Rusnok is, is a very accurate miniature vertical mill with a reasonably high speed spindle. Many people- including a fair number here on this board- use Sherline or Taig miniature mills, and produce amazing parts. The Rusnok is ten times the mill a Taig is, despite having, in some cases, a slightly smaller work envelope.

Personally, I bought mine (though, as I said, it's not here yet) for turning tiny endmills and drills very fast (up to 5200 rpm, my big Bridgeport clone maxes out at 2800) and to occasionally mount the head to my Nichols horizontal mill.

The Rusnok's horizontal arm is 2-1/4", so it'll bolt right on the Nichols overarm, increasing it's usefulness and capacity without any mods or changes to either one.

So while I appreciate that it may not have an application in your shop, please don't assume no one else might have a use for one.

Doc.
                  Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan
                    Buy the Rusnok and sell the Enco.
                    No way! I'm never moving that much cast iron again.

I bought the Enco square column mill for my 50th birthday after spending the last 25 years watching news papers and ebay for something small, single phase, and local. I'm happy.
                    Definition: Racecar - a device that turns money into noise.

Comment

Working...
                    X