Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying toolholder

Doing some more cleaning up.
    Could someone please let me know what these toolholders fit?

I have 4 different ones.Tthe one in the pictures accepts a jarno taper.
    the overall length is 9"
    large end diameter is 2.5"
    thread end diameter is 1.75"

Robert

Finding out the taper will help the search...is the small end of the taper portion the same size as that flat just before the threaded portion starts?
    I am assuming neither of those diameters are the same as the threaded area (it looks smaller but sometimes tough to tell in photos)
    Oh, what size Jarno...it may narrow the search field

Comment

Adapters for a T&C grinder workhead?

Tim

Comment

+1 Timleech.

If it is a T&C adaptor its likely that the outside taper will be a C5.

Jarno tapers are used for some drill chucks and in older milling machines etc.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ine-taper4.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_taper

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&gs_n...w=1920&bih=785

Here are some T& Cutter grinder work head with MT tapers/arbprs and adaptors:

This air quill has 5C taper for 5C collets:

Last edited by oldtiffie; 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Just a few more dimensions:
          the large diameter of the taper is 2.530
          the minor diameter of the taper is 1.930
          The taper is 2.1" long (measured parrellel to the centerline of the adapter)

The thread measures 1.740 x 16TPI and is 1" long.

The diameter next to the thread is 1.871"

I have 4 of these adapters:
          1. has a #14 Jarno internal taper
          2. has a Brown and Sharpe #12
          3. has a #5 Mores
          4. has a 1.5" bore with a 3.128" diameter flange. it also has a 2-5/8" bolt circle tapped for 5/16 NC threads.

Comment

sigh, why does a Q about a taper need 4 pics of a T&CG? you missed the surface plate tolerance document
            Last edited by Mcgyver; 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver
              sigh, why does a Q about a taper need 4 pics of a T&CG? you missed the surface plate tolerance document
              More photos of machines with tarps pulled off of them only long enough to snap a photo. Not a speck of dust, a scratch or any sign that they've ever been used. Surprised that he didn't blur the license plate visible in one of the photos. We'll send the big lads and a scrap skip 'round in the morning to collect everything.

Comment

No joy...its big (that you know ), I know I will be proven wrong but something proprietary partially based on those four adapters are all to the most commonly used taper systems, so "they" were having trouble fitting tooling too.

that taper is also way steep, I mean its .600" over that 2.1" length...some of the numbers are close to a few things (14/15 B&S, 19/20 Jarno, #6 Morse) but only barely in the ballpark...the thread is getting into the territory, dimensionally, of a collet thread (large diameter compared to a relatively fine thread) implying that the nut would have to have been proprietary as well (or shop made?);

maybe that is the best "bet", something shop made to fit a very specific situation that unless you have all the bits and pieces it is next to useless...did it come within a batch of other items, that may give a clue as to where it was used originally, which in turn may help figure out what it was used for/on/with/in

Comment

Originally posted by R_Audano
                  Just a few more dimensions:
                  the large diameter of the taper is 2.530
                  the minor diameter of the taper is 1.930
                  The taper is 2.1" long (measured parrellel to the centerline of the adapter)

The thread measures 1.740 x 16TPI and is 1" long..
                  That's quite close to 16C.
                  Paul Compton
                  www.morini-mania.co.uk
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru

Comment

Working...
                  X