Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to forum

Hello all
    Been lurking for a while and think this is a great site.
    I am a new owner of some equipment and looking forward to doing something with it. I enjoy seeing what all you have done with your stuff and hope to someday to be able to make something round or flat LOL.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Welcome to the board; looks like you are off to a pretty good start. I have the same mill, though not quite as complete, and have been pleasantly surprised by its capabilities.

George
    George

Comment

Hi! Nice to meet you. Nice looking shop and dog! You will fit right in, So will your dog, I think iv seen one just like him in someone else's shop picture here the other day!

We are always full of helpful advice here.. Like if you are having problems taking pictures of your very nice machines, might I recommend more $20 dual T8 4' shop fixtures? Light is very important to clear photographs (Faster shutter = less blur from camera movement), But good light is even more important to working accurately and safely! Also just makes me happy going into my very brightly lit shop, Feels like summer!

Also, of any subject take 10+ photos, multiple from each angle. Digital memory is cheap and I always seem to mess up the focus or move the camera mid exposure on half my photos!
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

Thanks and yes more light. I took these pics last night with my cheap cell phone. I will use my camera from now on to post any pics so the quality should be better.

Comment

Welcome waterman28:

Nice looking equipment. I hope you enjoy machining as much as I have over the years.

Jim Connell, DeLand FL.
          Daytona Beach is near us.

You haven’t begun learn until to learn until you learn how little you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Moons
            So will your dog, I think iv seen one just like him in someone else's shop picture here the other day!
            Yep, Rocky looks a lot like your dog.

And welcome. I just missed getting a mill like that, instead I ended jumping off the deep end with some huge boat anchors. Speaking of which I feel obliged to give the standard warning - Beware: Iron is a highly addictive substance.

Comment

A hearty welcome bro. Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by Abaker
                Beware: Iron is a highly addictive substance.
                Boy ain't that the truth. Careful or it'll look like John Stevenson's shop http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sho...ighlight=bored

BTW, welcome to the insane asylum.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Stan
                  Boy ain't that the truth. Careful or it'll look like John Stevenson's shop http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/sho...ighlight=bored

BTW, welcome to the insane asylum.
                  OH LORD!! is that where this will lead too?

Comment

Welcome aboard, another suggestion is put a general location in your profile, who knows, you might just find you have a mentor right around the corner.
                    James

Comment

Ain't nothing wrong with the pictures. They were specifically photographed with soft filters to give the centerfolds that "glam" look. Very nice effect.

Keep your thoughts to yourself and your hands off the keyboard and you'll get along just fine here.

These guys really are OK.... and pretty darn smart too.

Welcome.

Mark

Comment

YUP!! welcome to the "Zoo".

Comment

Want to use those things, huh? I say skip on down to the local iron monger, buy some mystery metal, and make yourself some tools. It can keep you busy for the next ten years easy. A scissor knurling tool is a great project to start, and you'll learn some painful and valuable lessons in the process. Then you'll have a tool to use to make your next tool. Etcetera. Have fun bud!
                          I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

Working...
                          X