• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! What a great deal!!

Congratulations,, a great find!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1200rpm
      this is my first Sheldon and i like it! it`s a wayyy stouter machine than my current SB10K!

oh yeah... 200 bucks.
      Well Mike made it official, but just for reinforcement -- you suck!
      "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

for good measure and to get a sense of scale here`s a SB 9" tailstock next to the Sheldon`s.

Comment

Originally posted by 1200rpm
          the kicker was it was at a business location with a loading dock and fork truck - all i had to do was back up under it
          that is a true gloat lol

that never happens to me
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/csprecision

Comment

May I have your address and work schedule please?
            Mike
            WI/IL border, USA

Comment

1200rpm:

Nice find, looks like a good solid machine, and what a price. I paid $250 30 years ago for a 1940’s “C” model 9" S. B..

Jim Connell, DeLand FL.
              Daytona Beach is near us.

You haven’t begun learn until to learn until you learn how little you know.

Comment

Only two toolholders ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Wow! I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    Only two toolholders ?

it`s worse than that. there`s really only one. the 2nd one is for a BXA tool post.
                    had i noticed that at the time...

Comment

Top right center of your picture of accessories appears to be a pretty hard to find toolholder for a shaper in case you hadn't recognized it.

Great score.

Comment

I've got its grandfather (maybe one "great" in front) and it cost way more and is way more worn/beat up. The more you dig into it esp once you start using it, its stout plus compared to that SB 9" (even most fittings will be a 1/16th bigger than most other makers).

Curious, what is the spindle through bore?

Comment

Looks very close to a 10" Sheldon I bought many years ago, maybe $800, I don't remember for sure.

Mine was Air Force surplus. Might have been from the 1950's. The strange thing was with mine came a generic bidding spec for the lathes the Air Force was buying. Bed length, swing, spindle hole and chuck mount (D1-3) among other things were all spec'ed. Presumably all makers of smallish lathes would/could make a lathe to fit the specs by slight modifications of their basic machines. But, the line drawing of a lathe showing the various dimensions required was of a 10" Sheldon.

Mine had a spindle hole slightly over 1", just big enough to put a 1" bar through. Spindle taper was Morse 4-1/2 which made getting a spindle sleeve almost impossible. that was the first lathe I had with a chuck mount , D type, allowing the spindle to be run in reverse without worry of the chuck unscrewing.

Comment

$200 would have been a decent gloat for just the tooling, thow in the lathe and you SUCK yet again!
                            James Kilroy

Comment

with the amount of sucking youre doing ..you should change your name to 1200rpm_sucks ..or Herbert Hoover OR Kirby

all the best.markj

Comment

Shes an elegant looking lady, nice dress of new paint would make her look killer.
                                congrats
                                mark

Comment

Working...
                                X