cross slide and compound rest lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross slide and compound rest lock

I am looking for ideas on how to make a locking mechanism for my compound rest and cross slide...It's a Logan 825....Reason being,the movement is very easy,and during some cutting procedures,mainly parting off,it will sometimes move due to pressure,vibration,or a combination of both....There is no factory locking mechanism,so I need to come up with something....Any suggestions?
    Hoodlum

I made a block to replace my compound. It only takes two bolts to change back when needed. This is much more ridged.

My lathe has a lock for the carriage. If that were not avaliable I would use a stop to prevent movement in one direction.
    Byron Boucher
    Burnet, TX

Comment

I just replaced one of the gib adjustment screws with a socket head cap screw, I can lock the cross slide or compound with a allan wrench.
      Mike
      Brandon MI
      2003 MINI Cooper S JCW#249
      1971 Opel GT
      1985 Ford 3910LP

Comment

Originally posted by Boucher
        I made a block to replace my compound. It only takes two bolts to change back when needed. This is much more ridged.

My lathe has a lock for the carriage. If that were not avaliable I would use a stop to prevent movement in one direction.
        I like this idea!!!! I never use the compound anyways during basic operations.....
        Never thought about the gib screw replacement.....I think both ideas will come in handy.....
        Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X