Jeweler's saw blades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeweler's saw blades

Anyone know of a source for blades for a jeweler's saw? These are like copping saw blades, plain ends and very fine, about 5" long.My local stores simply say "huh?". Thanks very much.
    George

I think Enco has them.
    Michael

Comment

Try a company called Rio Grande thry have several grades and all the sizes. nice catalog to.

Samuel

Comment

Try your local hobby shop. They usually have them with the Exacto knives.
        Jim H.

Comment

Lapidary suppliers have them. Just search on "diamond files" in google.
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I got some, years ago, from Brownells www.brownells.com

I assume they still carry them.
            ----------
            Try to make a living, not a killing. -- Utah Phillips
            Don't believe everything you know. -- Bumper sticker
            Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. -- Will Rogers
            There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory. - Josh Billings
            Law of Logical Argument - Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
            Don't own anything you have to feed or paint. - Hood River Blackie

Comment

Clockmaking suppliers have them. For instance, you'll find them on page 115 of Timesavers' online catalog. Inexpensive, too.
              http://www.timesavers.com/

Comment

Did you try-
                http://www.olsonsaw.com/
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

First check the yellow pages under "Jewelers' Supplies". If there is a local supplier, he may have some other interesting (small) tools you didn't know you couldn't live without, and supporting local specialty tool suppliers is always a good thing. Failing that, there's always Rio Grande, Gesswein, Romanoff, and other mail/phone/web suppliers. Blades are usually sold by the gross, so beware of any suppliers that only sell by the dozen - they ain't selling to jewelers.

BTW, buying the cheapest jewelers' saw blades is more frustrating than buying the cheapest bandsaw blades. Not only do they not cut as well, but you'll spend more time changing broken blades than cutting. I just ask my local guy to send me the best ones he's got, it's worth the difference. I use mostly 2/0 and 4/0 sizes, but if you want to see how fiddly they can be, try the 8/0 piercing blades....

Use one of the waxy dry lubes (Boelube, Bur-Life, etc.) for best results. Hidebound traditionalists still use beeswax.

Comment

First check the yellow pages under "Jewelers' Supplies". If there is a local supplier, he may have some other interesting (small) tools you didn't know you couldn't live without, and supporting local specialty tool suppliers is always a good thing. Failing that, there's always Rio Grande, Gesswein, Romanoff, and other mail/phone/web suppliers. Blades are usually sold by the gross, so beware of any suppliers that only sell by the dozen - they ain't selling to jewelers.

BTW, buying the cheapest jewelers' saw blades is more frustrating than buying the cheapest bandsaw blades. Not only do they not cut as well, but you'll spend more time changing broken blades than cutting. I just ask my local guy to send me the best ones he's got, it's worth the difference. I use mostly 2/0 and 4/0 sizes, but if you want to see how fiddly they can be, try the 8/0 piercing blades....

Use one of the waxy dry lubes (Boelube, Bur-Life, etc.) for best results. Hidebound traditionalists still use beeswax.

Comment

Beeswax is the best. And yes, you may class me as a hide bound traditionalist.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Working...
                      X