Finished my Spare time activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished my Spare time activity

I just got my belt sanding machine done, now if I can remeber how to post with Photobucket - I can share.

http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/z...elt%20Sanders/
    Patrick

Nice job!. One of the most useful tools in the shop.

Comment

Interesting build Pat, looks good.

Belt sanders big or small, are the nicest things to have in the shop.
      Well worth the time to build.

Comment

Pat,

Nice job on the build. Thanks for sharing it.

Brian
        OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

That is a nice build.......I got lazy and bought the kit for it's baby brother from Lee Valley, just assemble and add a motor of your choice.......one handy little tool, just the other day my buddy remarked how much I like that thing by how often he's seen me using it......
          Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

nice job on that one.

Comment

Very nice design and execution and I am sure it will become one of the most utilized pieces of equipment in your shop.
              I want you to get the most from your machine so I would like to make an observation or two. If you modify the guards and leave 4ish inches or so of unsupported belt between the platen and the contact wheel, the resulting compliant-soft spot will be used for the finishing touch on almost every part that gets beveled, cleaned up, de burred or blended, everywhere that you don’t want a hard, sharp edge. Experience has shown that almost every part you make will spend time at that spot on the belt. And one more, if you break the right hand edges of the platen and contact wheel and then line them up, you can run the belt slightly off and over these edges, thus creating a usable corner, yet another very useful function of your machine.
              I was hesitant to post these observations and in no way are they intended as criticism. These observations come from a lot of personal experience and I thought that they could be useful.
              Have fun with it, Mike

Comment

Very nice.

+1 to mf205i's comments
                Hemi-proprietor,
                Esoteric Garage

Comment

That is the second one of those I built - first one got traded for a nice Aluminum Alloy Mountain Bike, so it had to be replaced. I have another one in progress - based on the Beaumont design (2 x 42 belts). We will see how that works out - it would be nice to get a VFD/Motor combination for it, but they are a little pricey here in the Great White North.

Comment

My buddy has been ordering VFD's direct from China with no issues yet, think they're running around $100 straight to your door.......
                    Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

Working...
                    X