Master Tool Gloat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Tool Gloat!

Here;s the C/L ad I saw 8PM last night. FOR SALE, METAL LATHE, GERMAN MADE HIGH QUALITY PIECE OF MACHINERY! VERY HANDY FOR QUICK PROJECTS....INCLUDING ALL TOOLING AND BENCH. CALL ONLY! JEFF
    I called he lowered it to $695 & was 5 miles away so I'm there looking at a very nice German lathe with no ID except 10600 on the back. I hurry home & post on here, look all over the net. Where's Black Forest when I need him? I can't ID it but my hero Greg the Egg in his very first post here nails it make & model as a German Wabeco D6000E at this link http://www.mdaprecision.com/index.ph...00e-lathe.html. Almost $7000 bare. I called the seller @6:30 this morning. I bought it & it came with between close to 200# of tooling,cutters,boring bars,lots of new carbide bits, things I have no idea. So probably all told $8000+ of stuff if new & it's as new as used can be. Very precise,tight & nice features like varible speed, a tailstock that moves side to side for tapers,etc. It was Torco Racing Fuels lathe for the race car shop. Barely used. Torco was in our little town before it ended. It's in the shop & I really like it. Wabeco has been in business for 100+ years & they've made this for lathe over 10 years & make a CNC converion that looks great. The guy selling it didn't know about machining but into bikes & sleds. He's happy, I'm happy, it's a win win.

Friday I picked up a brand new in the box 40 Year old Atlas 6"x21" 10100 with all the options including a 4 jaw, milling attachment ,drawbar,etc,etc for It's still in the van. This last week has been great. Brand new Mig welder New vices,new tap,drill,endmill sharpening kits,etc,etc. Thrill of the Hunt!
    Thanks again Greg! Pics to follow but not tonight. Honest Mom they just followed me home, really. Thanks!
    Last edited by flylo; 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

You suck, and you're a thief

Nice...

Comment

I'm new here so forgive me if I get this wrong.

YOU SUCK!!!!

congrats
      Ken

Comment

No pictures so its a LIE!!!

Ain't any pictures so it all a BIG FAT LIE!!!

Comment

If it looked good and came with so many extras, why would you bother researching it? I would have bought it on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Boostinjdm
            If it looked good and came with so many extras, why would you bother researching it? I would have bought it on the spot.

i let my guard down... i didn`t look at CL the last couple nights.

oh, YOU SUCK!!

nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by Boostinjdm
              +1

Actually, more like +1M

Comment

Flylo, you have to be the ultimate digger at finding this stuff, seems like almost every day!!

I really think you should get a bigger truck, with an enclosed trailer, side crane for loading etc,

Pretty soon "Plaza Machinery" will be in competition with you!! :

(congrats on a nice find again!!)-( TRANSLATED THATS:

"YOU SUCK"

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                  Flylo, you have to be the ultimate digger at finding this stuff, seems like almost every day!!

I really think you should get a bigger truck, with an enclosed trailer, side crane for loading etc,

Pretty soon "Plaza Machinery" will be in competition with you!! :

(congrats on a nice find again!!)-( TRANSLATED THATS:

"YOU SUCK"
                  Cummins Dodge Diesel, 30' trailer & yes a crane on the truck.
                  I think this is my 1st true gloat but it was a Great week, I forgot a New 98CC Partner concrete saw w/water feed, a gas powered drill, a 20" 5HP Block saw & a 14" brick saw with diamond blade, 2 used wire welders 2 genorators. I think I'll take tommorrow off or maybe just 1 or 2 searches? Thanks for the you sucks!
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

Ok,, and just what day are you planning on staying home, OFF the computor, and start getting that laundry done, vacumning, ironing, and such ?????????????????????

Comment

No pictures. It didn't happen. Stop yanking our chains!

Comment

Are you sure it isn't hot? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Now that you have posted it all over the web the real owner will probably reclaim it.
                        Paul A.

Make it fit.
                        You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

A definate gloatworthy "YOU SUCK" . However, I'd just like to remind you of the first line in your signature. Just so it remains truthfull and not an oxymoron, I'm a nice enough guy to allow you to ship that to me at your expense and maybe a couple of hundred less than you paid just because I don't want you to look bad. You can thank me later when you fully realise just what a generous offer this truely is.

Pete

Comment

flylo, I wish you many happy years and tons of healine gloating....but I call off side on this play. What it costs new doesn't factor into the score on the gloat worthy scale of machine vender ineptitude or else just about every piece of western world iron bought would be bell ringer.....still....we want pictures

Comment

I'm sure it's not hot,Yes I;ll get pics & I may mention what I buy but don't do a Gloat but this week was exceptionly great. I'll use what I want & sell the rest to pay for it. This = free shop. That's the goal.
                              ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X