Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool gloat...

Small little tool gloat..

A Rockwell 1" belt sander...model is 31-352.. with a nice 1/2 hp capacitor start baldor motor....

Cost...$45

Its well used I think, but motor runs smoothly. Wonder how easy it would be to convert to a 2x72.....
    Last edited by cuemaker; 04-27-2012, 11:52 PM.

Good find for only $45.00!!

(Don't you find it hard to use though on it's side?)

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
      Good find for only $45.00!!

(Don't you find it hard to use though on it's side?)

I tried flipping the pics..to no avail...

Comment

You or someone else suceeded!!

Comment

has to be me... cause I got the darn thing for $45...

What is funny, wife goes... "oh, thats not so bad" What till I need "parts"

Comment

Nice find, we've got some of those at work, they're decent machines.

Comment

What's that car doing in the garage, taking up all that good space.

That's no place for a car. Or do you have a shop somewhere else.
              VitŮŽria, Brazil

Comment

Nice find. I have a later model of a very similar sander made by Delta. Also has the disc.

The vertical arm looks a little bent as if it was about to buckle.

-DU-

Comment

yes.. its a bit out of kilter I think.. my initial thought was to replace the arm to make room for a 2 x 72 belt..

Comment

Very handy machines, I have two.

Original parts can be a problem, as in not available anymore, you can make new rollers. The main bearing of the driving wheel goes bad, but you can jury-rig something there too.

Is that one Rockwell? Or a clone? It doesn't look quite like mine (from memory).

Comment

Its a Rockwell...31-352

Comment

Originally posted by DR
                        Is that one Rockwell? Or a clone? It doesn't look quite like mine (from memory).
                        It's a Rockwell, but it looks like someone replaced the motor with a Baldor, which is a good thing. It looks like it's been painted -- both of mine are dark grey.

I have two. One, like Rob's, uses a separate induction motor. The newer (still made in USA) model uses a universal motor. OMG, that sucker is LOUD!
                        "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Working...
                        X