Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT; I can't think of anywhere else to YELL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT; I can't think of anywhere else to YELL!!!

Can't they leave ANYTHING alone!!!!????

I am absolutely seething!

http://now.msn.com/now/0505-white-buffalo-poached.aspx
    Len

Who are you referring to when you say they ?

Comment

I am with you on this one understandably .This is appaling , simply outrageous.A sad day indeed. Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I think he means humans with a bent to kill for killing sake .We have them here too. Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Watch the video above it on the same page about the Vet. That will cheer you up. 1.5kWatch a disabled vet make an incredibly inspiring recovery
          "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
          world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
          country, in easy stages."
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO
            Can't they leave ANYTHING alone!!!!????

I am absolutely seething!
            I'm with you on this. This was not hunting, but a case of the slaughter of a fenced in animal with no defense. Someone just wanted a white buffalo pelt as a rug or wall hanging, so its a simple case of greed.

I hope the perpetrators are caught and brought to trial as this is a case of trespassing and other crimes. Many states raise the trespassing charge from a misdemeanor to a felony when the person is carrying a firearm. However, I do not know if this is the case in Texas.
            Last edited by Dr Stan; 05-06-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately...

There is a large part of the population who really dissapoint the hell out of me. This is clearly one of them.
              Allans Rule: Anything worth doing is going to be a pain in the butt.

Comment

In Texas, it goes from a Class C Misdemeanor to a Class A Misdemeanor if you trespass with a "deadly weapon". That is simple trespass though and doesn't include other laws that may have been broken during the trespass such as theft, robbery or burglary, etc.

Comment

About ten years ago, I was in federal court in Sacramento waiting with my client for his hearing. The case ahead of us was a sentencing for a poacher who had killed a Bald Eagle and taken it to a taxidermist. IIRC, he got a year in prison for a felony and five years probation. That sounded a little light to me. I would have given him more than that in prison.

People who poach and break the law are just plain no good.

Comment

Agreed, i live in an area heavily populated with moose, and EVERY year there are two or three morons in court for shooting moose, out of season, without the proper license, or tags etc.

Every year a couple of untagged moose are found just left in the bush to rot , due to the shooter not having the proper tags for either a cow or a bull.

A sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                      Agreed, i live in an area heavily populated with moose, and EVERY year there are two or three morons in court for shooting moose, out of season, without the proper license, or tags etc.

Every year a couple of untagged moose are found just left in the bush to rot , due to the shooter not having the proper tags for either a cow or a bull.

A sad situation.

I had another case for a guy who had shot a deer in the Game Warden's front acre without a license tag! How dumb is that? He got probation because he had no prior record but the fine was horrendous, something like $2,000. He was lucky that they let him keep his truck. Under California game laws when a poacher is convicted, the judge has discretion to forfeit any item that was used in the crime.

Comment

Lightning was barely a year old. Not much of a pelt. Both of Lightning's parents are dead (father killed by lightning strike, mother also slain) point to a hate crime. Sad situation.

Comment

If it were me and if I didn't like it, I'd leave it at that all the more so if I could not have done or do anything about it.

I can't see that creating another problem by getting up-set is productive at all nor will it solve anything.

Being up-set or disappoinrted is one thing but using it as a lever to have a rant about or in extreme cases to "throw a wobbly" about is not justified at all.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtiffie
                            If it were me and if I didn't like it, I'd leave it at that all the more so if I could not have done or do anything about it.

I can't see that creating another problem by getting up-set is productive at all nor will it solve anything.

Being up-set or disappoinrted is one thing but using it as a lever to have a rant about or in extreme cases to "throw a wobbly" about is not justified at all.
                            I'm pleased every one doesn't share your views.
                            MBB

Comment

Gert just bought a new white carpet for the bathroom, looks a bit lumpy to me and has ragged edges and looks like a map of OZ.

You don't think............................................. ......

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Working...
                              X