Todays Catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Catch

A 14" Gould & Eberhard Shaper with 2 speeds, A small Baker horiz mill, 5 mill chucks 6" & 7" some straight, some swivel, The giant one tilts(on the left) & 1 chinese vice (on right). Everything needs cleaning but everthing works well. All under$500.
    I love the shaper & small benchtop mill. I have about 3 more truckloads to get.

Last edited by flylo; 05-11-2012, 06:31 PM.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

Ten answers with "you suck" coming up

all the best.markj

Comment

Originally posted by aboard_epsilon
      Ten answers with "you suck" coming up

all the best.markj
      You suck.

nine to go.

Comment

You suck.

Comment

I really do love this sport you know! A new day a new adventure! This getleman has a large punch press for sale cheap also.
          ~ James Madison

Comment

Flylo, if it wasn't across the state , I might be interested in the punch press...but I am in no position to do that right now....oh and you suck....but seriously, I think what happens in alot of these circumstance, (tools/equipment free or cheap) the owners see that the people reciving these items will appreciate their property & will give it a proper home, so that it may be used....that being said, we will all come to that point sooner or later, so please remember that when your stuff lays seldom used , and someone you mentored, and or know will use the tools/equipment , and keep our hobby/vocation alive, please make it affordable , and or gift it to them...it may bring you more satisfaction than you think.....Shawn

Comment

I just can't stand to see good useable things scapped. This is part of our heritage & history & when they're gone they're gone. 10 years ago these tools brought good money, now I just have to beat the scapper. So many tools, so little time. This shaper came out of Studebaker. I also have tools from Clark Equip, Cummings & GM. And yes when I'm done I want them to go to deserving people, if any are left that enjoy using manual machine tools.
              ~ James Madison

Comment

Flylo, that is just a disgusting load of old junk to drag home!!!

(If i was close to you i'd be willing to drop over and help you clean up this old stuff!!)

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                  Flylo, that is just a disgusting load of old junk to drag home!!!

(If i was close to you i'd be willing to drop over and help you clean up this old stuff!!)
                  When you have enough to fill a 40 foot container dont forget to call me and I'll arrange shipping.save you having to find room to put it .

By the way you suck.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by flylo
                    I really do love this sport you know! A new day a new adventure! This getleman has a large punch press for sale cheap also.
                    congrats, it is a sport isn't? open season right now with all the spring cleaning going on....I'd post some gloats but I can't find my camera for all the piles of tools

Comment

Mcgyver , we NEED to see the gloats,, so please find that camera!!

And yup, as you state, there seems to be a few more items popping up, spring time i guess!!

Comment

Gloat

What is that saying about "The richest man......?" By the way - You Suck!!! I mean that in the best way. Good on ya for giving those machines a good home!

Comment

Good haul. Thou Sucketh
                          Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
                          ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Toolguy
                            What is that saying about "The richest man......?" By the way - You Suck!!! I mean that in the best way. Good on ya for giving those machines a good home!
                            But I never said I was the richest man. Anyway it's the "thrill of the hunt" with me. I don't show 10% of what I get. I just thought the old shaper & little mill was cool.
                            Sasquatch if you we're closer we take the 30' trailer & really clean up.

Swawnspeed, I think most of the guys I buy from would rather me pay scrap price & me haul it rather than them haul it to the scrapyard. This shaper was bought 25+ years ago for 1 job by this guys dad who owned the machine shop. He's gone, the son just welds & didn't know anything about it except where his dad bought it & he wanted $150 for it. Not even how to turn it on or how it works. No sentimental value here. A little mumbling when we loaded it & he relalized he guessed low on the scrap weight. I love it, it's just out of his way & cash in his hand. We both win.
                            PS did you see the 10" vise on it? I can't see any wear on anything I wiped off. Even the belts ride right where belts should in the pulleys & are not checked or brittle. It didn't see much use & may not be from Studebaker as he just said most of the tools his dad bought there. He opened the shop in 1962.
                            ~ James Madison

Comment

Never mind the sucks... you are seriously afflected... Maybe you've heard (but are in denial); it's called MAD

Machine Aquistion Disorder...

Comment

Working...
                              X