Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have just a tiny, tiny,tiny gloat please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have just a tiny, tiny,tiny gloat please.

Saw Malc the scrappie at the recent ME show and he told me he'd seen a tub of new allen screws with some feather keys mixed up in them at the local yard

So this morning popped down, only 1/2 mile away, and had a good look thru.
    As Malc says all new screws but all sizes and assorted, not bothered about them, had assorted boxes before and they never get sorted or used.

However grabbed all the keys and a decent quantity of M8 allen sets, 80mm long and being threaded all the way means they will cut down into any special size.

8 x 25 back left, 8 x 30 back right, 10 x 50 foreground and the cap screws.

Might not appear useful to many people but in the motor game virtually every motor needs a new key so very useful to me.

Bunged then on top of a 45 gallon drum and asked how much?

Boss walked over took a quick look and said £2, about $3 for the lot.

Dead chuffed with that, not a massive gloat and probably only suit me but nice.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

no unless I can verify, pm me for my address and send me a sample, 5 of each should do and I will get back to you
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

You asked for it, you got it. You Suck.

As they say one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Ken

Comment

The collection starts to multiply ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, again.

Yippeee you gotta still have the "BUG" !!

Comment

The keys will roughly halve tomorrow, I'm going to give half to one of the rewinding companies who I have very good relations with.
          This way it helps both of us.

They often help me out with the odd motor if they have one kicking about.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Good one - you suck...

Comment

Nice One...
              Freight on that's stuff kills me here...
              We pay 'through the nose'
              e
              please visit my webpage:
              http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

when I was working in the shop, 2 jobs ago we whould just take square stock cut to length and let the assemblers belt sand the ends to fit. Still, free is best. No point in buying key stock by the foot.
                gvasale

Comment

Had to restock the bins at work with that sort of stuff last week.What you got there is well close to $100 worth,$125 if quality screws,good haul.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson
                    .................... not a massive gloat and probably only suit me but nice.
                    Even a small gloat that actually gets used is better than my big gloat TPG that will spend most of it's life on the shelf waiting for the day that it gets to be used.
                    Nice score, Mike
                    Bricolage anyone?....one of lifes fun games.

Comment

Nice haul John.

If I recall correctly, the keys are approximately 0.50 $ each and the screws are about 3$/lb at the place where they have the best deals at home. Bulk keystock is about $2.50 per foot at the best priced place in Cowtown last I checked.

Best of all, they are all items you use on a regular basis. Gloat away....

I'm only very jealous.....
                      Design to 0.0001", measure to 1/32", cut with an axe, grind to fit

Comment

Working...
                      X