Nicholas Machine, Sandusky Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Machine, Sandusky Ohio

Two grinders from this company followed me home.

They are fully operational, they are used for grinding blades, one side at a time. A special magnetic chuck holds the blade, the carrage slides in, tilts the blade against the edge of the wheel and holds for a time then advances forward.

It's not a hollow-grind, it's flat as we are using the edge of the wheel.

A quick google search shows the address of the company but no phone-number or web-site.

That means they are quite... dead.

I have setup notes on what cam does what, which switch does which thing and a list of companies that can supply wheels, bearings, and other parts along with several magnetic chucks, and a supplier for additional chucks. You can machine these to hold the part better... drill them for mounting pins and such.

Two crates of "spares" followed me home as well, and there is a carcass-machine back where these came from that I intend to strip this weekend for various goodies. The casting is cracked through, it can't be saved.

So... anyone know of this company or their equipment? Mayhaps someone bought them out and manufactures/supports these things under another name? I'll get some photos tomorrow after work so ya'll can see what I have.

If not, I'm not worried. They are mechanically simple enough I can keep them going for a long long time yet.
    "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Knife Grinders?

Sound like knife grinders for chippers, shredders and planers.

Comment

Any sort of knife really. If you can fixture it, it can be ground on here.

Previous made pocket-knife blades and various wood-carving/whittling blades.
      "The Administration does not support blowing up planets." --- Finally some SENSIBLE policy from the Gov!

Comment

Originally posted by Grind Bastard
        A quick google search shows the address of the company but no phone-number or web-site.

That means they are quite... dead.
        Like darn near everything else actually in Sandusky (not counting what is down 250).......

My in-laws live in Norwalk, so I've been around there quite a bit over the last almost 30 years. Ages ago I recall going to actual department stores etc in Sandusky, but .................

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
        X