X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Copyrighted Music on Youtube Video's

its machine related because the video was of my smart and brown lathe

i uploaded a video ..

the video contained a free sample downloaded off the web.

You know ..the sites that sell music let you download 1 min of the song.

You tube notified me in an email that the music was copyrighted ..but said some countries will not hear the music ..some will .......and they said they had put a link under it , so people could press on it and buy from somewhere.

i wasnt sure what was happening ..got the jitters and took it down

you tube didn't tell me to take it down ...and i could still here the music before i took it down ..so they hadnt blocked it here in the uk.

what's happening now .........have you tube got some sort of an agreement with record companies now.

is it OK to go ahead .and put it back up again

or should i be cautious ..of being sued

or do youtube carry the burden .

all the best.markj

I put up a video with a song in the background and received a message from YouTube that it was copywrited material. They said I didn't have to do anything. They automatically added a message which said what song/artist it was and it was clickable if someone wanted to buy it.

I think if the owner of the song wants you to take it down then you have to, otherwise it's no big deal.

Comment

I've never posted a "music video" to youtube, so I don't know. However, I find that a video of a machine set to music is rather bizarre. Why would I want to hear your favorite song while looking at a machine?? I prefer to hear the machine or perhaps a voice-over description. Just sayin'.

Tom
      Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Go to Harry Fox http://www.harryfox.com/index.jsp and pay a small fee.

Comment

I agree with Tom, I know that was not your question but I generally mute those kind of videos, if I want to listen to music, I want to be the one to choose it.
          James

Comment

I agree & it's only my opinion that music& youtube just don't mix for me.
            "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
            world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
            country, in easy stages."
            ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flathead4
              I've never posted a "music video" to youtube, so I don't know. However, I find that a video of a machine set to music is rather bizarre. Why would I want to hear your favorite song while looking at a machine?? I prefer to hear the machine or perhaps a voice-over description. Just sayin'.

Tom
              +1

Comment

It's me experimenting really.

i wouldn't put any music that anyone would object to.

I'll put it up again ..and let you give me opinions

You can watch it on mute ..then the music, it does make a difference.

that's if it lets you hear the music in your country

it's only showing oilers
                #
                the original was 4 vids on google videos ..youtube wanted to me to migrate them ..so i stitched them together and added music .

see here .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5OZ...ature=youtu.be

BTW ........id rather you hear above than make people listen to the rotary phase converter .

i know the burgmaster and the other one could do with wider pictures ..but you can only use what you have ......or can barely find .

have a look here at these two as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dBx9u-Qh-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHYGy2BJys

I'm trying to get this as right as possible ........i may have to rely on web publicity, one day for my income

btw this was fimed with an olympus 2040 ...no sound ..cam is a picture taking cam, not a movie cam

all the best.markj...
                Last edited by aboard_epsilon; 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Well the first video is blocked completely with the message below displayed, so it's no good to me:

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. Sorry about that."

The last two aren't "videos" at all, in my opinion. Just still shots with pans and fades. Why not just post the pictures so a person could zoom, etc?

Just my feedback...

Tom
                  Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Why not just post the pictures so a person could zoom, etc?
                    I dont understand that sentance .please explain.

if i cropped the pictures you would not see whole boats .....i did ask for wide pictures in my group for the slideshow /video ..that lot is what i got .

all the besxtr.markj

Comment

looks like i will have to do some more research into this

finding cover versions maybe .

according to youtube my video can only be heard in

Aland Islands, Guernsey,Isle of Man,Jersey,Saint Barthelemy,Saint Martin,South Sudan,West Bank

so waste of time really

it will be up there for another 3 hours ..then i will take it down again

all the best.markj

Comment

I wonder if you transpose the music to play one note higher, whether their bot will recognise it. Or play it 5% faster.....

edit:
                        Ah, I'm not the first to think of that
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYDdOwG0vMs

Igor
                        Last edited by ikdor; 05-16-2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

There's an alternative, choose one that doesn't try to extort you for you giving it free publicity. There are lots of artist's releasing outside of the traditional media channels of late, mostly because the majority of the money people pay for music tends to end up in the pockets of record company exec's rather than the artists themselves.

http://creativecommons.org/legalmusicforvideos
                          http://freemusicarchive.org/

Comment

I have a radio playing all the time in my shop so any vid I make always has something in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD7gw...1&feature=plcp
                            Andy

Comment

Quote:
                              Why not just post the pictures so a person could zoom, etc?

I dont understand that sentance .please explain.
                              I am questioning why you would bother to create an audio/video "slideshow" of a bunch of still pictures. Why not just post the pictures to an online repository like photobucket? If I am examining a still picture, I would prefer that it stands still. You see this stuff all the time on youtube but it doesn't mean it is the best way.

Also - I don't know how many song "covers" are out there where some kid took his favorite song and synced it with a bunch of pictures. What's the point?

Tom
                              Tom - Spotsylvania, VA

Comment

Working...
                              X