Fixing a Sawzall Blade collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing a Sawzall Blade collar

I picked up a nice Sawzall cheap today. The problem is that the collar mechanism is frozen up. I can't seem to find a repair manual. The collar seems to be stuck in the open position. The collar won't twist in either direction. Is there and easy fix or some kind of repair kit?

TIA
    Randy
    Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

If there's a snap ring on the front end, just take it apart to clean and lightly oil before re-assembly. If parts are broken or worn, it will never work right again, but at least you'd know.

If you don't see a means of getting it apart, then just load some penetrating fluid into it and leave it for a day. Work it a few times to help distribute the fluid. Blow it out and hope for the best.
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

When you say "Sawzall", I assume you mean Milwaukee brand.

Take it to an authorized repair dealer and see it they have a replacement kit. If they do, and the cost is acceptable to you, get it and they'll probably give you some tips on how to install it.

Last edited by Mike Burdick; 05-19-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Well, I pulled the ring off and got off the front cam. The pin has rusted in the hole, so it is now sitting in Kroil. Hopefully 24 hours in Kroil will free the pin.

It is a Milwaukee Sawzall, so once I get the rest of the old collar off, I'll go for the replacement collar.

Thanks for the responses.

Randy
        Do yourself a favor and see if your TV carrier has America One News Network (AONN). 208 on Uverse. It is good old fashion news, unlike the networks, with no hype, bias or other BS.

Comment

Will you even need replacement parts?
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Kroil is wonderful stuff ! Best penetrating oil I have ever used. The real shame is, I didn't discover it much younger in life. Bob.

Comment

Success, the Kroil did its stuff. The old rusted chuck parts are off. I just ordered the replacement collar.

Randy

Comment

Working...
              X