This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning! Don't eat feeler gauges!

I just bought a new feeler gauge and as I was removing it from the package I noticed a bold warning that stated it contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm! A stinkin feeler gauge! I suppose there is a trace of chromium in the frame or maybe it has a trace of oil on it somewhere but this is just plain ridiculous! Is there anything that does not cause cancer and/or birth defects in California? I guess if a person eats too many of these gauges they will run the risk of stomach cancer or maybe their kids might be born nekid!

Yeah go figure.
    I'm installing a new washing machine outlet box today and noticed the same warning on it as well. Gee now I may be in violation of contaminating the laundry if happen to go down there.

Is there anything that does not cause cancer and/or birth defects in California?
    Maybe a balanced budget...I don't believe they've seen one of those yet.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Warning: The state of california contains a chemical known to the state of california to cause paranoia and excessive warning regulations that will desensitise people to warnings making them unable to know what is actually dangerous or not.

PS: We are not sure what chemical it is. But when we find out we assure you that we will put another warning sticker on the bottle.
      Play Brutal Nature, Black Moons free to play highly realistic voxel sandbox game.

Comment

California "The Cereal State"

What ain't fruits and nuts are flakes.

Comment

Cancer is a natural part of life... You will die of cancer if nothing else gets you in the meantime...
          Precision takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by radkins
            I just bought a new feeler gauge and as I was removing it from the package I noticed a bold warning that stated it contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer
            They were probably made from melamine.
            "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did."

Comment

Originally posted by Willy
              Yeah go figure.
              I'm installing a new washing machine outlet box today and noticed the same warning on it as well. Gee now I may be in violation of contaminating the laundry if happen to go down there.

Maybe a balanced budget...I don't believe they've seen one of those yet.
              "Is there anything that does not cause cancer and/or birth defects in California?"

Death doesn't cause cancer and / or birth defects in California, at the moment any way.

However, attempting to kill yourself , whether or not you succeed, in order to eliminate the pain of cancer, birth defects, divorce, in-laws, ingrown nostril hair, or for any other reason, was at one time a felony in CA.

I believe that law has since been repealed.

CA would now prefer that you suffer as long as possible so that they can continue to collect taxes from you. Including estate tax and inheritance tax when you finally do succumb.
              Steve
              NRA Life Member

Comment

yup, i've seen those warnings on stuff here in canada too, pretty bizarre warning.

Comment

I'm glad all that stuff only causes cancer in California, I stay here in Pennsylvania where it's all safe

PJ Ritz

Comment

Me too. In Michigan we just freeze to death 8 months a year. Bought my heart tank of LP $1.89/gal same as last year.
                    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                    country, in easy stages."
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by PJRitz
                      I'm glad all that stuff only causes cancer in California, I stay here in Pennsylvania where it's all safe

PJ Ritz
                      Oh, I don't know about that. When I lived in North America every Twinkie, Ding-Dong and package of beef jerky had the approval of the Penna. Dept of Agriculture on the label. I'm waiting forthe shale gas revenues to roll in before I file suit

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by .RC.
                        Cancer is a natural part of life... You will die of cancer if nothing else gets you in the meantime...
                        True.

Many are probably dying of cancer right now and neither know or want to know about it.

Death by cancer or ignorance (or cowardness)?

Comment

Originally posted by customcutter

What ain't fruits and nuts are flakes.
                          So THAT's why they call it 'living behind the Granola Curtain' !
                          I'm here hoping to advancify my smartitude.

Comment

I occasionally have to use M-112 demolition blocks (1.25 pounds of C-4 in a rectangular plastic wrapper), these have "block, demolition, M-112", etc. printed on one side, and "poison, do not eat" on the other. A about dropped one laughing the first time I saw it.

Comment

I guess I better not eat my new boat trailer either. It has the same warning label on it
                              Ernie (VE7ERN)

May the wind be always at your back

Comment

Working...
                              X