South Bend 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend 13

There is a SB 13 lathe on my local CL. It has a quick change gear box and says a DC variable speed motor drive. Is the DC motor drive stock or an add on? Are the chucks on the 13" lathes threaded on or a cam lock?

I had a SB 10 K I sold because it was too small and I have been using a Jet 1340 but I would like to get back into a better lathe. I loved the silky smooth feel of my old SB.

Anyone know the spindle bore on the 13?

Mike

Never mind the seller just sent me a notice it sold a few minutes ago.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by gundog
      Never mind the seller just sent me a notice it sold a few minutes ago.

Mike
      I looked on craigslist for 3-4 months and was always second in line. I was looking 2-3 times a day sometimes. Finally found one about 100 miles away. The first caller was looking for a mini-lathe, asked if he and his 12 year old son could load it. The guy laughed it was a 14X40. I got first shot at it and it came home with me.

Keep looking you'll find one.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by customcutter
        I looked on craigslist for 3-4 months and was always second in line. I was looking 2-3 times a day sometimes. Finally found one about 100 miles away. The first caller was looking for a mini-lathe, asked if he and his 12 year old son could load it. The guy laughed it was a 14X40. I got first shot at it and it came home with me.

Keep looking you'll find one.

Ken
        I have been looking for a couple years whenever I think about it I am getting by with the Jet. I was lucky when I got the Jet, it was a CL deal and I was first caller a widow was selling it for $1500 I did not dicker one bit paid her asking price she said she had over 20 calls after mine. This SB 13 was $1500 and if it was not clapped out I would have bought it in an instant and passed the Jet on to the next guy.

I wonder if someone from here bought it?

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X