ATLAS 10x24 Belt HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLAS 10x24 Belt HELP!!!

OK I am making progress as a newbie.. (I think) I purchased a used ATLAS 10x24F horizontal TH42 in good shape, however no belt... Anybody tell me what size belt do I need? Should I use a V-Belt or link belt? Merits and drawbacks of both? A good source to buy from?? Price doesn't matter as the lathe is useless without a belt... Well maybe as a paperweight... I know ... questions... questions.... Ron

i still have a v-belt on my atlas,but i want to get a link belt so i don't have to take the spindle apart again.check the archives,somebody posted on this earlier and had a link to a place that sells them-george

Comment

Try-
      http://www.mcmaster.com/
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I put a link belt on my Jet and Sears Atlas both and I like them better than the old V belts. HF store here has 1/2" inch wide link belts at $11 for 5 feet. I ordered mine from Grizzly since HF didn't have 5/8" wide belts. I think I will replace all my belts with link belts as I replace them. Get a belt and makes some chips. Good luck.

Comment

THanks to all I took the advice and searched the archives with better search terms... Prices have apparently dropped so now I have to determine if Grizzly is still selling Fenner belts!! Thanks again..

Comment

Working...
          X