Home Machinist Publications in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Machinist Publications in Europe

Can anyone tell me if the Model Engineer/Model Engineer's Workshop publications (in English) are readily for sale in either Germany, Austria or Switzerland?

How about other similar publications in German?

wow it seems along way to go for a copy when your house is in Eldorado but for quality it might be worth the travel cost and inconvenience. Alistair
    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

They post worldwide.

Phil

Comment

I think I need to make this clearer, "readily for sale" means for sale in most bookstores or shops where many magazines are sold........

....and yes, Alistair, it is a long way to go! I would have gone to sunny old England for my books (and an encounter with Hemingway's!), but the Olympic crowds are a bit too much for me!

Comment

Actually, I was wondering this as well recently. Someone on another list was interested in something that the HSM publication could be a great resource for. I didn't know if it was fairly common, though, to find it there. He's in the Netherlands. I realize there are worldwide subscribers, but I have never heard of worldwide, general news-stand access. Good question. I know local to me, in the US, Borders used to have both HSM and MW on their shelves until they went under. Haven't looked at Barnes & Noble lately.
          Last edited by Arthur.Marks; 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Good question.

I can't say that I've ever seen them on a book/magazine-stand in my local area in Australia either - but I've never set out to have a good look for them either.

Perhaps George Bulliss can help here.

Comment

no way. you even cannot get hot rod anymore, exept for one place in z├╝rich, i know of.

Comment

Barnes & Noble carry both publications. And occasionally a few machining type magazines from england. Think maybe one from germany might proove to be interesting. Frank

Comment

Working...
                X