Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minus one and counting

Hopefully.......

the weather is crap here, pissing down all day and same forecast for the next few days.

Two shops to sort, first shop isn't too bad, load of gear to come outside and go under sheets and the green slotter loaded up and go down the road 1/2 mile or so to it's new owner.

Shouldn't be too hard, everything except the slotter is on wheels.

Slotter is last thing to come out and then sort the floor, those bars against the slotter are all stainless and they go right back to the rack. might make a new rack against the short wall for them and the CNC lathe can stand infront, The X3 CNC mill will move to where the lathe is in the other shop.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Other shop is the most work.

This is the beast that is going.
    got a 28 tonne Hiab truck booked for 8:30 on Thursday morning from the scrapyard.

Must admit the shop is well overdue for a clear up but knowing the lathe was going it didn't seem worth while.
    I reckon it will take all of Tuesday to just clear round, where that red press stands are two hydrovane compressors a Sieg SX2 milling machine in bits and a C3 lathe still in it's crate.!!

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

What are you giving to your pal Al? er nothing ! miserable bastard Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

I was going to wish you a happy Jubilee but seeing as you are a tight wad scotsman it's not really your queen is it ?

Comment

Wow...
          Love to have a slotter....
          UPS the next one to me...
          e2die
          please visit my webpage:
          http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

It might be easier on all if you just dig a hole and bury it in situ, John. It would give the UXB boys a laugh when the next owner hits it with a back hoe.

Comment

Dare not dig a hole under the workshop, that's where I buried all the asbestos.

Comment

When is it the Bridgeports turn?

Need to know when to hold the vigil at daylight...
                Precision takes time.

Comment

Let us know how you get along with the C3, John. I spent hours setting mine up, but then it is my first lathe, and I guess I didn't really know much about setting them up from new.
                  Has it the imperial or the metric leadscrew?

Comment

Mike,
                    Don't know what leadscrew, only had it 4 years and it's still in the case

Comment

Maybe building and shoehorning a foundry in there so it comes out in ingots might be easier?

One way or another, That's going to be a long and tiring job to remove that lathe.

Pete

Comment

And I thought my shed was untidy!

Ah, the luxury of having so many tools, you don't need to bother unpacking them for years.
                        Regards
                        Geoff
                        My place.

Comment

(Just goes to show who has The "BIG" $$$'s)

Comment

You should put that big machine on homeworkshop, collection only - bring a sack barrow
                            Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                            Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                            Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

John,

Thanks so much for posting the pictures of your shops. I feel so much better now.

Brian
                              OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X