Did Mr Mole make the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mr Mole make the best?

When I left Britain I sold most of my tools. When I got set up over here I bought new, or new secondhand as I needed. I left my " Mole" wrenches behind and ended up with various makes of similar devices. Last year I bought some secondhand tools and to my delight there was a genuine ' Mole' wrench amongst them.Today I needed one to grip a damaged shaft( LONG story, not needed here) while I unscrewed a damaged collar.. The "Mole " did the job in fine style, just out of curiousity I tried a North American equivalent, it did the job, but just didnt feel quite the same and needed two or three tries at setting before holding well. ARE, or maybe WERE the " Mole" wrenches better than their equivalents or am I just being sentimental.? regards David Powell.

David i had one of those Mole wrenches years ago, not sure what happened to it.

I remember it worked fine, but there was some issue with it i can't remember right now.

Comment

Do you remember the "Footprint" brand wrenches too - they actually had a footprint stamped on them. My Dad always called his wrenches by the common brand name even if they were made by another company like "Stillson".
      "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

Comment

Working...
      X