No announcement yet.

Adjustable height welding table ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable height welding table ideas?

After welding on the front of tractor loader forks(being able to adjust the height) and then seeing darryls post on hand powered folk lifts--- Does anyone have a hydraulicly adjustable height welding table? One that is movable as well?
    I think this will be my winter project and would like some ideas
    Abner

How about sticking a flat steel plate on one of these http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb...lift-2792.html

or build your own version of it, maynbe with longer arms.

Ian
    All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

Along Ian's line of thinking, but this one goes up a lot higher. Add a plate of steel and start welding.
      edit: or just weld on the sheet metal top.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...ydraulic+table

Brian
      OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Make it adjustable so your comfrtable at any height.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

I don't know if I read it on here or somewhere else, but someone was using a jack for a trailer tounge on each corner of the table.

Another option would be to use one of those stand behind(not on) forklifts and put a top on it. I don't know how cheap you can find them though.

If you don't want it moveable you could cut a section of garage floor out and put a cylinder from a fork truck down in a hole. Your table top would them go all the way down to the floor when not in use. I have seen some people make motorcycle lifts this way. It is a great option if space is of concern, it would be virtually invisable when down and not in use.

Comment

This is the best one I've ever seen.......loading dock mounted on a big slew ring........

Opportunity knocks once, temptation leans on the doorbell.....

Comment

I'm trying to remember where i saw this neato welding table, think it was on a welding forum, but the guy had built this table and there was two "Cat walks"?? under the table that rolled out from each side , to step up on to reach farther onto the table.

Danged Memory,, was the forum called welders something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

A well designed table with a lot of thought put into it.

Comment

Ok, i think it is this one:

http://weldingweb.com (The builder was "Markfuga" -username?

Comment

Abner,, ok , just Google:

"welding table markfuga" and it's right at the top of that first page. A beauty!!

Comment

I made this one a few years ago it has a 5/8" top. I used a HF air over Hyd cylinder. In hind site I think the scissor type would have been better. Mine does not always go low enough. The 4 legs have pins in them and the legs are drilled every couple inches. I have a Plasma cutter mounted to one corner underneath and a rack full of C clamps.

I added receiver hitches to all 4 corners and that allows me to add all kinds of stuff to it.

Last edited by gundog; 06-05-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Why not use the mechanism in a hydraulically operated hair-dresser (barber) or dentists chair.

Comment

Maybe because they are hard to find and the harbor fright stuff is dirt cheap?

Comment

Nice looking table gundog, and interesting background pics of the shop.

Comment

Re: the hydraulic barber chair:

Man , in this area i could spend a minimum of $1000.00 in gas running around looking for one of those, they are SCARCE!!

(The chairs,, NOT the hairdressers!!)

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Hardtail that is one impressive if massive table. I'm using a 4' x 6' - 4" channel table with sliding 4' cross members between the ends. I like the design somewhat but movable for use under my hoist and adjustable for height would be best. To top off my picky list of feature would be stability or non wiggly. I just need to get off my wallet.

Comment

Working...
                              X