OT: Truck tractor burnt to the ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aostling
    Since you know your trucks, what's that spring with four coils in the second photo?
    Just had a chance to read again so maybe this has been answered (haven't gotten through all the replies yet!) ... that's one of the springs out of the air brake pot.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttrack
      No wonder why someone wanted to torch it. Who wants a Kenworth when you can have a Pete?
      Well, I'll give you credit for at least driving a Paccar truck!!!

Andrew

Comment

Post #7

Originally posted by Evan
        On our way down on Saturday we saw a truck parked in the same location. He had unhitched the trailer and pulled ahead about 50 feet. He was working under the hood. I can't say if it is the same truck, obviously, but it is a good bet. It isn't likely for the fuel tanks to be empty as it is a good drive to the next town....
        Post #55

We saw it parked there the day before it burned with the driver working under the hood. He had already unhitched the trailer and driven the tractor ahead about 50 feet. ...
        An example of how "eye witness accounts" change with time... So now it is the same truck!

Last edited by Mike Burdick; 06-07-2012, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I asked him some more questions. The truck is owned by an owner-operator along with the second one that just happened to be in the area with, get this, no trailer. I suggested insurance scam and he agreed.
          Wouldn’t that make them the slowest Arsonist’s in the history of crime?

They drive it out there on Saturday, and took until Sunday to set it alight.

Arsonists with a conscience maybe. They thought about it for half a day before striking a match.

Comment

Wondering WHY the cops would be divulging information during an investigation to a bystander?

Comment

Working...
            X