Where to get small stainless rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get small stainless rod?

Anyone know where to get small diameter stainless rod, I need to make some 6-32 sized u-bolts. (.1375 or 3.5mm) They must be stainless or some other corrosion resistant material. McMaster doesn't have anything on the web site smaller than 1/4x20. Any sources out there? I'll make my own if I can find rod of the appropriate diameter. I could turn the ends of 3/16 down a bit and make do but that's work I'd rather pass on.
    James Kilroy

TIG filler rods or wheel spokes would be what I would look at...

Comment

Stainless Rod

Mc Master Carr

Comment

MSC lists it...

How many pieces do you need? I can get it.

Funny thing there, I just got off the phone with the product manager at MSC for stainless steel rod and B7 bolting.....he asked if I was willing to quote all of it...We only manufacture 5/8 and up on stainless

Comment

McMaster has 6-32 threaded rod in both 316 and 18-8

Comment

I have used SS arc welding rods but only when someone else was paying for them. Wayne.

Comment

scrapper

make friends with the local metal scrapper in your neighborhood,i find SS rod in refridgerator ice makers,and outdoor stuff, chairs,bbq rotiseries,copy machines,printers,take a magnet with you, or keep one in your vehicle.
              FORD BEATING JAP CRAP SINCE 1941!! CAROLYN JONES(1930-1983 actress)may this lady never be forgotten.

Comment

Welding rods. Price has always been reasonable and sizes from 1/16 to 1/4 have always been available- my experience anyway.
                I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
                X