Help with Marv Klotz software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Marv Klotz software

Does anyone have a workaround for running the software files that Marv posts on his website? Specifically using Windows 7? I'm not even sure if I can get a DOS prompt with Windows7 ?! Mr. Klotz has generated some wonderful bits o' software, and I'd hate to have to abandon them due to my ignorance.

Yes, there is a way of doing that - probably best to ask Marv directly.
    Tel

Comment

Try this link
      http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=46226

Peter
      I have tools I don't know how to use!!

Comment

Dosbox works on win 7 real nice. Easy to download and cheap.....FREE
        Pete

Comment

Apparently you didn't bother to read the first paragraph of the Introduction section on the webpage.
          Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
          http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

I hadn't heard of DOSBox prior, but there's a Mac version which means Marv's math tools will run "native" on the Mac. It also means all the old DOS era tools I wrote in assembler will probably work, too.

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz
              Apparently you didn't bother to read the first paragraph of the Introduction section on the webpage.
              OUCH!! I thought that I'd read the opening paragraphs, I even went back and re-read!!! Now I have to find out how you safely remove a petard....

Comment

Originally posted by millwrong
                Does anyone have a workaround for running the software files that Marv posts on his website? Specifically using Windows 7? I'm not even sure if I can get a DOS prompt with Windows7 ?! Mr. Klotz has generated some wonderful bits o' software, and I'd hate to have to abandon them due to my ignorance.
                I am not sure which of Marv's programs you are talking about, but you can get a DOS prompt in Windows 7. Just click on the Windows meatball at the left side of the Taskbar and the DOS window/Command Prompt is about the fourth item down.

I am not implying that there is not a problem running some legacy programs; just pointing out that there is a DOS/Command Prompt window available.
                Paul A.

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

In 64-bit Win7 this is what you get when you run an older MSDOS (16-bit) binary in a terminal window. Hence the need for a DOS runner tool like DOSBox.

Comment

Working...
                  X