Way OT, Bidet toilet seat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT, Bidet toilet seat.

I've been seeing the "AMDM Intelliseat" electronic Bidet Toilet seat at Costco for several weeks now.
    I finally plopped (no pun intended) down the $199 and bought one.
    This is probably one of the best buys I've made in a long time.

Pure comfort. Water: Warm to Hot, Toilet Seat: Warm to Hot, Air: Warm to Hot.
    I won't go into the details, but, as one gets older, going to the restroom can become a real pain in the a$$.
    I think that even the Biggest and Ugliest Machinist will enjoy it.
    Warning... The first time I picked up the Remote Control and I pressed the "His Back" button, BULLSEYE! I nearly hit the ceiling!

I don't own stock in AMDM, just passing (no pun intended) it along.

Tom M.

I guess you could say it's water up the ass huh. Oh, please don't hit the button that says Tampax remover.
    It's only ink and paper

Comment

Never thought i'd see a posting about toilet seats here, but to each his own i suppose.

Comment

Always kindo worried me to sit naked on something filled with water and hooked to electric.....maybe it's just me.

Comment

Make sure nothing is "Dangling" making contact with the water!!

Comment

I haven't been around this forum all that long, so I may be wrong about this, but...

I think you should get real kudos for posting this.

I think it may well be the most Off Topic, OT post I have ever seen. Keep up the ... oddly interesting work (and that has to be one of the weirdest things I've ever said in a post).

Comment

In a way,I feel compelled to say something, just don't quite know what. Zero may have it nailed though! When I first joined this forum, I complained about OT posts lacking machining content and several members recommended that I just not open them. Advice well taken, and I have lived happily ever after. Could not ignore this one however!Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by + or - Zero
                I haven't been around this forum all that long, so I may be wrong about this, but...

I think you should get real kudos for posting this.

I think it may well be the most Off Topic, OT post I have ever seen. Keep up the ... oddly interesting work (and that has to be one of the weirdest things I've ever said in a post).
                One nice thing about this forum is it is not intended for people at work so there is no "On Topic NAZI" who constantly chides those who post things that are OT. Frankly, I rather like it this way and wish more forums were like it in this manner. But I do understand the concerns of those who are busy and don't want to be constantly disturbed by OT posts while they are at work.

However, it is generally considered to be good manners, both here and elsewhere, to include the OT warning in the subject line of such posts.

As for the bidet thing, I have been considering it for a while now. Age does create more problems. There are some attachments that are a lot more reasonable in price but they will not have all those fancy features, just cold water. I was in the Army and can put up with anything. I think.
                Paul A.
                SE Texas

Make it fit.
                You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Not sure if this is the exact one I saw, but I saw one similar to your description in Menards, and yes I do want it but cannot justify the $200+. Cant say I currently want it for the bidet/water part (only 28, so the plumbing isnt as rusty thankfully), but the heated and massaging part with a gazillion settings looked cool and appealed to my secretly lazy nerd side. Unfortunately, the unit I saw in Menards was not plugged in so I couldnt test my fav features.

On another note, thanks to you and other elders who share the challenges/solutions of getting older and remaining active. As SWMBO says, Im still the stereotypical young and dumb guy, but I definitely like to hear about/learn some of these things BEFORE I ever need them.
                  "I am, and ever will be, a white-socks, pocket-protector, nerdy engineer -- born under the second law of thermodynamics, steeped in the steam tables, in love with free-body diagrams, transformed by Laplace, and propelled by compressible flow."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore
                    One nice thing about this forum is it is not intended for people at work so there is no "On Topic NAZI" who constantly chides those who post things that are OT. Frankly, I rather like it this way and wish more forums were like it in this manner. But I do understand the concerns of those who are busy and don't want to be constantly disturbed by OT posts while they are at work.

However, it is generally considered to be good manners, both here and elsewhere, to include the OT warning in the subject line of such posts.

As for the bidet thing, I have been considering it for a while now. Age does create more problems. There are some attachments that are a lot more reasonable in price but they will not have all those fancy features, just cold water. I was in the Army and can put up with anything. I think.
                    +1 on the nature of this forum, I wasn't actually commenting on it being OT so much as the shear degree of the OT subject matter.

I really do think it deserves some sort of special recognition... like a special toilet seat... Oh wait...

Actually at 71 myself I confess to thinking about such things as devices like this to make life easier, but I'm positive that I will leave the cold water to you. I'm just no where near that tough...... buuurrrr.

Comment

Dang you guys are getting old....

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch
                        Make sure nothing is "Dangling" making contact with the water!!
                        As one becomes older that is usually less of a problem...
                        Keith

Comment

Oh im not so sure about that --- I could see certain parts of the anatomy swapping places in the gravity challenged situation...

Comment

I understand that the same company is coming out with a new "convertible" model. It's a toilet b' day and a bidet by night.

Comment

WOW..... this post is really OT !!

JL..................

Comment

Working...
                              X