Beaver milling machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver milling machine

Can anyone tell me how to get a manual for my Beaver milling machine? Also if anyone knows what kind of oil goes in the head where the sight galss is, i would appreciate knowing.
    Thank you
    Charlied55

Manual may be available, depending on model, here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/beaver/

Rex

Comment

Which model do you have? VBRP? Stepped pulley speed change, or variable speed?

Ian
      All of the gear, no idea...

Comment

If it's got a sight glass, it must be a newer model. Based on the fact that my MkI VBRP doesn't have such a luxury .

None the less, Tony's web site is the best option for manuals.
        Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Or, a lot cheaper, here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beaver-VBR...item2ebf4014c7

Ian

Comment

Or free from here

http://passion-usinages.forumgratuit...844-beaver-mk2

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Ian B
              Which model do you have? VBRP? Stepped pulley speed change, or variable speed?

Ian
              I have Model #VBRP Ser# 4126?2 I could not see the5th number. It is a step pulley speed change. I would appreaciate any help you could give me on what oil i need to use in the head.
              Thanks,
              Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by charlied55
                I have Model #VBRP Ser# 4126?2 I could not see the5th number. It is a step pulley speed change. I would appreaciate any help you could give me on what oil i need to use in the head.
                Thanks,
                Charlie

It's on page 45 of the free downloadable manual that I posted a link to

Charles

Comment

OK. I tried but can't resist. How does one fixture or clamp a Beaver for milling?
                  Errol Groff

New England Model Engineering Society
                  http://neme-s.org/

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GroffErrol?feature=mhee

Comment

By it's tail of course!!

Comment

Beaver Machining

I prefer to drill them!

Comment

Looking for Beaver Owners or Operators

Saw your post responding to someone asking for assistance finding a manual for a Beaver milling machine. Your reply seemed to sound like you have a Beaver or have used one in the past.

I have just purchased a milling machine made by Balding Engineering, the maker of Beaver machines, named a "PAL", bought a manual from Tony in England and found out there was very little published about the machines. Tony said the machines were made up from pieces from runs making the "VBRP" model just before they shut down. I do know that it is listed as a lighter model designed for light work and instruction.

Since I am new to milling, I am looking for someone who has knowledge of the machine that I can ask questions of as I begin to use it. There are some missing parts and I will have to replace or make them. I would like to add a DRO and some power feeds as time and money permit along the way.

If you are this person, fine, if not could you direct me on my search?

M.L. Woy

Comment

Could you post a couple of photos of your machine? If it's indeed made from pieces of VBRP's, then maybe the missing parts could be sourced in a similar way. Which parts are missing?

Ian

Comment

Quill jammed?

I am a newbie who has just acquired a Beaver VBRP MK2 machine on eBay and would very much appreciate the advice of the experienced members of this forum...
                            My machine has the manual change belt driven head.

Before transporting home I saw the machine work nicely. For the trip home we rotated the head 90 degrees to reduce headroom. Now it is in my garage the quill will not move under either under manual or auto feed. I downloaded the free manual ( thanks to excellent advice on this forum) and think I have understood the controls ok...
                            The quill lock on bottom right front is "free".
                            Having removed the manual feed cover (on right side) it seems the cross shaft which engages the quill is jammed. I have not yet opened up the auto feed gearbox cover...
                            Any tips?

Regards, Mike

Comment

Two possibilities that I can think of off-hand (although neither might be correct).
                              Has the auto feed trip nut on the vertical screw at the front of the head vibrated all the way to the bottom of the thread?
                              Does the clutch need knocking off (lever to bottom left of head, move to the left)?

regards
                              Mark
                              Location- Rugby, Warwickshire. UK

Comment

Working...
                              X