OT: self gloat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: self gloat

I have been pretty scarce around here the last several years especially sharing projects, mostly because I haven't had much time to devote to the hobby or reporting on what little I have done, but that should start to change because a few hours ago I managed to graduate with a masters in Computer Science from the local State University. Pretty neat in and of itself any case, but I am mentioning it here because I'm turning 53 in in a few weeks after having spent most of my life working with my hands building whatever paid the rent (with little to show for it but bony fingers). So I am here to say that if you did not go to school when you were "suppose" to, and start to figure out that you are not dumber than allot of folks that did, it ain't too late.
    --
    Tom C
    ... nice weather eh?

Congradulations, there are not many your age who would start a degree.

Comment

Congrats Tom! Nice to hear some good news once and awhile. Good luck with your new degree.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Congratulations!! My older brother was a computer science instructor at a college in SC. He still writes programs for image analysis software in his retirement. Computer Science has been a good field for him.
        Last edited by winchman; 06-19-2012, 02:08 AM.
        Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Good Work !

Comment

Congratulations!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats & good luck. I just tirned 53. Always said I wanted to retire at 50 & did, just not quite the way I wanted. Gotta be careful what you wish for! Now you can start making chips again as a hobby. You accomplished quite a feat! Again Congrats!

Comment

Way to go Tom

Congratulations!! Are you planning on changing careers or was this a personal satisfaction thing? Either way, I am inspired by your journey.

Tim

Comment

Congratulations Tom, that is a great event for sure!!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

way to go Tom, the smart ones never stop learning

Comment

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment.

Ironically, I'm just now retiring from IT at 57, and thinking that tinkering in the shop is what I need to do to decompress.

Dan
                        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Congrats also from Van. Isle!! I got my Masters of Ed. at 42. It "proved to me" I still "had it". This fact alone that I was about the same as others out there made me capable of working until I was 66 and still felt good about teaching. YOU have proved to yourself that YOU can do it!! Wayne.

Comment

What do you plan to do now that you have the degree? Do you have a new or better job lined up? I hope you'll find something that puts your new skills to good use and makes all the work pay off.
                            Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Cangadulations Tom. I liked hearing that you put the age thnig aside and did that.

Comment

Working...
                              X