No announcement yet.

I felt so dumb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to take my forgetfullness pill...wish I rememered where I put them.
    You beat me to that one Evan. Almost simultaneous posting.

[This message has been edited by Carl (edited 02-26-2004).]
    THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

I always forget to take my forgetfulness pills.
      There is a small store that I often walk to.
      Walking home one day I saw that my car was not in the garage.
      I remembered I left it at the store when I stopped by after work.
      I did not tell my wife about this.
      She allready thinks she married a retard.
      Oops, I mean a mentally challanged person.

Tom M.

Comment

Did you ever get into your car to go somewhere, and after you get seated, realize you've gotten into the back seat?

(I always sit there for a few minutes so it'll look like I intended to do that. ...just in case someone's watching.)
        Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Memory is the second thing to go. I forgot what the first one was.

Comment

What about "The Trance". You know...that dumb look on your face when you can't remember what you where doing...so you just stand there in a trance until memory (hopefully) returns. And please don't tell me that I'm the only one with the all elusive coffee cup that I can never find.
            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

lynnl, several years ago I had a rather obtuse foreman who liked to yell. One day he chewed all of us out for not paying attention to what we were doing. He outdid his usual rant that day and then turned on his heel, stomped across the parking lot, jumped into his truck to drive away, slammed the door...and sat there...in the rearseat of the crewcab.

Comment

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

One day in a busy accounting office the main printer quit printing so they called me over. This is one of those blue-bar printers that goes through a box or more per day, so it is a real workhorse. I immediately start into it to removing panels to check fuses etc. Right when I am up to my neck in screws covers and test meters and fuses someone points out that it is unplugged!

This isn't rocket science anymore, is it?
                When an Accountant out troubleshoots you, it's time to quit.

Spence

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by torker:
                  What about "The Trance". You know...that dumb look on your face when you can't remember what you where doing...so you just stand there in a trance until memory (hopefully) returns. And please don't tell me that I'm the only one with the all elusive coffee cup that I can never find.</font>
                  Ya,xcept I sit there and slip like an automatic tranny until I drop into gear with a bang

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Walked into town one day with the dawg, as soon as you entered a store the dog would lay across the doorway and wait, out the store and into another one and the dog would follow and wait.
                    Go home and ower Gert say's "Where's the dog "?
                    Went back into town and the dog is still laid outside one door of a double entry doored shop.
                    That dog was that laid back it was on last years daylight saving time

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

I hear the best thing about getting older is you keep hearing new jokes and meeting new people.

Comment

I hate calling somebody on the phone and just as they pick it up, I forget who I was calling.

Les

Comment

I dunno if its the brain or the hand at fault....I'll be taking the drill out of the DP, and realize I don't have the next one I want.

Into the toolroom I go, and out I come with the next drill. Now where is that dang chuck key?

Sometimes it's in the toolroom, sometimes its wherever my hand reached out and put it on my way in there for the drill. It has taken me up to 5 min to find it.

Same with the wrench I had while I go over to get the one nut I'm short to put something together (or screwdriver, etc, you get the picture). There's a lot of horizontal surfaces, and my hand knows it's gotta let go of that wrench somewhere to pull open the drawer.....

Can't tie everything down to where it's supposed to stay.

I've almost got my hand trained to hang the key back in a slot on the DP table, but sometimes.....

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

Yes, I get "the trance" on a regular basis now.

I would for get to take my memory pill.

I have held long conversations with people I have known for years, and could not for the life of me remember their names.

I do a roll call of all my kids and the grand kid when I need one of them. Heck, I even add my wife some times. It must work, the right one always answers.

I never seem to forget to go to work.

I never seem to forget payday.

I never seem to forget how many beers I have in the fridge.

I never forget my safety glasses, or to roll up my sleeves.

I sometimes forget to tell my wife when I get an extra check for extra work I have done.

She never seems to forget that I did extra work, and has a general internal clock that tells her when 7, 15, 30, and 60 days have passed so she can ask me if the check came in.

CCBW, MAH

Comment

What's the sense in being stupid if you can't show it once in a while
                              WANNABE

Comment

In defense of all of you, I only want to say that of those few men whom I have been lucky enough to know and who were the most knowledgeable men, these were also the most humble men that I have ever met.

Those who deny their own failings are usually the ones with the most to deny.

The more you know, the more you realize how much there is to learn. Knowledge doesn't teach pride as much as it does humility.

My best teachers have been the most humble of men, and I love them for it. They would never make me feel like a question exposed my stupidity. These men were so secure in themselves that they didn't need to put a novice down. They are dead now, but they enriched me in a way that I value in a special way but I was never able to repay. If I can help someone like they helped me, I will die a happy man.

Comment

Working...
                                X